Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Video To Show Off X.Org's Multi-Touch Support

Phoronix: A Video To Show Off X.Org's Multi-Touch Support

Back in June we shared a nifty video that was produced by the French-based ENAC Interactive Computing Lab that showed off some multi-touch capabilities on Linux. At that time and in the video they were using the Linux kernel and then recognizing gestures from input events and then sending specialized commands over D-Bus straight into Compiz...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

HTML5 video, please?

Comment

Ask Google to move to html5 video/audio tags. Do not blame Michael.

Comment

So this means this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDadhfHzoLY can be done on linux? Cuz all multitouch video's I've seen with Qt and KDE tech are on Win 7 and I'd love to see it on linux ;-)

Comment

Just one word...
          IMPRESSIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
            Ask Google to move to html5 video/audio tags. Do not blame Michael.
            But he doesn't have to use YouTube, does he? He could just upload a video file to his own server and add it to the page with the <video> tag.

Comment

especially it annoys me if he uploads his own videos to youtube -.-

In this case it is not *his* video, but youtube is crap. anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by thefirstm View Post
                But he doesn't have to use YouTube, does he? He could just upload a video file to his own server and add it to the page with the <video> tag.
                Too much bandwith.

Comment

Originally posted by thefirstm View Post
                  HTML5 video, please?
                  Use Google Chrome and install this Chrome extension

it makes all youtube videos to html5.

Comment

Originally posted by jospoortvliet View Post
                    So this means this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDadhfHzoLY can be done on linux? Cuz all multitouch video's I've seen with Qt and KDE tech are on Win 7 and I'd love to see it on linux ;-)
                    I've had no time to check the Qt 4.6 sources yet, but if it can read events from XInput2 then yes it should be possible. Lots of loose ends remain, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X