X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post
    I could think of better things for those devs to work on...
    Fedora sure as hell needs some work. When you boot with a USB mouse plugged into a laptop and then later unplug it you can reboot your laptop in order for the touchpad to start working <_<'

Maybe that's why they wanted the bootscreen to be little bit more interesting? Sounds like Microsoft madness...

Leave a comment:

• thefirstm
    replied
    They seem to be trying to make the Linux boot process as much like that of a M@c as they can (switch to native res immediately, no flickering, fancy effects, etc)

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    I could think of better things for those devs to work on...

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    I suppose they heard someone who wanted to play Doom 3 during booting and took him seriously :P
    hehe no kidding. I remember almost ten years back I was playing Tetris during Caldera's Open Linux installation. Of course there is a difference between Tetris and Doom, but there is a difference between 2000 and 2010+ as well
    Only negative, Linux boots so fast and Doom needs so much time...

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    I suppose they heard someone who wanted to play Doom 3 during booting and took him seriously :P

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Plymouth Gets A DRM Renderer Plug-In

Plymouth Gets A DRM Renderer Plug-In

Phoronix: Plymouth Gets A DRM Renderer Plug-In

Plymouth, the nifty boot splash program developed by Red Hat to replace RHGB and leverages kernel-based mode-setting to provide a flicker-free experience, is in the process of picking up more features. Committed to the Plymouth repository is now a DRM plug-in.There is a generic DRM renderer plug-in that was committed containing non-driver/hardware specific code and then following that was initial support for NVIDIA, Intel, and AMD hardware with this DRM plug-in...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X