Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panthor DRM Driver Set For Linux 6.9, Arm Mali Gen10 Merged To Panfrost Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panthor DRM Driver Set For Linux 6.9, Arm Mali Gen10 Merged To Panfrost Gallium3D

Phoronix: Panthor DRM Driver Set For Linux 6.9, Arm Mali Gen10 Merged To Panfrost Gallium3D

It looks like the new Panthor DRM driver will be submitted for the upcoming Linux 6.9 kernel now that it made it into drm-misc-next today. In turn the Mesa 24.1-devel code has landed support for this newer Arm Mali graphics into the Panfrost Gallium3D driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I purchased a Rock5B about a year ago to play with and this was one of the patchsets I have been waiting for to make it useable from an upstream kernel.

Too late for Fedora 39 here, but it should be a first class citizen by Fedora 40 (and any Fedora remixes with a 6.9+ kernel).

Comment

There is a nice page with summary of upstream support for RK3588 / RK3588S: https://gitlab.collabora.com/hardwar...line-status.md

I've to say they're doing great.

Comment

Working...
      X