No announcement yet.

X.Org Server & XWayland Updated Due To Two Decade-Old Security Vulnerabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server & XWayland Updated Due To Two Decade-Old Security Vulnerabilities

Phoronix: X.Org Server & XWayland Updated Due To Two Decade-Old Security Vulnerabilities

The X.Org Server doesn't see much in the way of feature work these days with Red Hat and others divesting from classic X.Org/X11 sessions. But there continues to be new point releases of the X.Org Server and the XWayland code due to long-standing security issues within the X.Org codebase. New point releases were out last night due to two CVEs for bugs dating back to 2007 and 2009...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I do wonder what’s the simps who claimed Xorg is maintenance free is going to say about this

Comment

Well, looking at the bright side at least it is receiving some security updates yet

Comment

bugs dating back to 2007 and 2009.
        Or 'bugs' introduced on the order of the Russian government .

Comment

One step closer to perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post
            I do wonder what’s the simps who claimed Xorg is maintenance free is going to say about this
            Anyone who claims that anything is maintenance free is a moron. I love those posts 'cause it's like y'all don't even think far enough ahead to factor in build system updates let alone the meaningful programming required due to dependencies updating or bugs needing to be fixed.

I know I post some dumb shit, but, damn, some folks just take the cake and run with it.

Comment

At least the vulnerabilities were discovered, it keeps X11 alive right... right?

Comment

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post

The Republicans adding in their backdoors to spy on the Obama administration. Obama announces to run in 2007, wins in 2009. DunDunDUNNNNN

Comment

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post

On the order of USA government and National Spy Agency.
                  Last edited by Volta; 13 December 2023, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                    One step closer to perfection.
                    The question is how many steps are out there? The interesting thing is that such things come out more often now. Perhaps it's a matter of better code scanning tools?

Comment

Working...
                    X