xf86-input-libinput 1.3 Brings Custom Pointer Acceleration Profile Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogerx View Post

Well, I think mouse acceleration varies from task to task, such as anything 3D graphics (eg. CAD, games, ...) to 2D graphics such as Gimp and Internet browsers.

As for me, I simply use the Logitech G502 additional mouse buttons for increasing/decreasing acceleration.
    I tried using button but I was never able to get into it, but having profile swapping could be quite nice, I myself use a razer viper ultimate I got for a real good price, sadly not enough buttons for me since the opposite buttons are too hard to trigger

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

I tried using button but I was never able to get into it, but having profile swapping could be quite nice, I myself use a razer viper ultimate I got for a real good price, sadly not enough buttons for me since the opposite buttons are too hard to trigger
      The MS Windows Logitech software tends to repetitively use/re-enables the dynamic software method, many times (forcefully) disabling the on-board saved firmware method of mouse acceleration levels. Likely the same software method or even switching is being done with other manufacturers' computer mice. Although the software method might offer more software features, really irritating when performing productive tasks or rarely ever playing games.

I always use the saved memory/firmware method, so the computer mouse acts as expected during reboots or me when using other operating systems.

Comment

Working...
      X