Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dec05eba View Post
    I think you are mixing up extensions.
    Hmm. Probably. It's been a long time since I looked at the relevant Firejail wiki page.

Comment

Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
      omg, that's pretty awful. That's not how you do automation. That is literally the worst way ever to approach such a problem.
      And the proper way is?

I press 1 shortcut and it has to: check pixels on screen or other data from the app (reading memory), read text input values (to do frequency calculations), then press a bunch of hotkeys on the app, export it, launch external command line tool, wait for it to finish, import the wav file into the app, etc.

Don't talk like you know what you're talking about, you're a clueless no name casual.

You can do auto-typing scripts with ydotool. It can also generate mouse input events.
      I wouldn't recommend it, but it's possible.
      I don't care about the typing part. I'm talking about it reacting to smart input, like auto filling, not just hotkeys. You know, by checking if I type something or even checking the text input field and reacting to that. Too user-specific? Well it's my script so I don't give a single fuck if it's not useable for someone else, I wrote it for me.

If you're that ignorant, why should anybody care about what *you* want?
      Ignorant? I literally told you things that have no alternative in Wayland, retard. I don't give a shit if they care or not, that's why I call them shitfuck monkeys.

X11 works, Wayland doesn't, and it's beyond crippled by idiots. I told you why, so get the fuck over it.

Really, all you do is just cry and call things broken, when really what is broken is your own approach of it.
      I want solutions. Actual solutions that work. Not bullshit.

Show me the code or stfu.

Comment

Unapproved post for this clueless no name casual Berniyh. I want solutions, not fairy tale imaginary bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          Unapproved post for this clueless no name casual Berniyh. I want solutions, not fairy tale imaginary bs.
          Look, it's not my fault if you're unable to properly solve your problems and this one is far from being unsolvable.
          So I suggest instead of complaining and insulting others (including Wayland devs), go and work on that to fix your issue, properly.

Comment

Look, it's not my fault if you're unable to properly solve your problems and this one is far from being unsolvable.
            WTf are you talking about? I literally solved my problem by writing my own script?!? Because X11 allows me to?

I NEVER said I'm using Wayland. I am insulting them because they're short-sighted stubborn idiots. Of course I will complain, not because it makes me unable to solve my problems, but because they need to be aware how idiots they are and their stupid decisions.

What's next? "We don't understand why nobody likes X, nobody complains about it!" just because they don't use it? That's not how it works. You gotta let them know, buddy.

Not just the devs, but anyone who thinks Wayland isn't crippled. The more that know, the better it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
              WTf are you talking about? I literally solved my problem by writing my own script?!? Because X11 allows me to?
              Plus, what you described sounds like the paradigm Apple officially supports for scripting macOS apps via the accessibility APIs in things like AppleScript and Automator. How else would one automate applications when their authors didn't think to expose a more traditional API?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post

In a sense, running everything as root isn't even that much of a threat these days. All my important data is stored with my user permissions :P
                We've come full circle, with much of the Linux community deciding that the Windows XP days of rootkits that leave your data alone are OK.

The reason root is a big deal is because malicious code with root can hide itself and then use your computer for nefarious ends. Not all of those care about wrecking your data; some hijack search results for ad revenue, others use you as part of a botnet to DDoS or send spam or mine crypto, still others may use you as a proxy for attacks on others. Having root means that these persistent threats can be made invisible whether by infecting grub or installing kernel modules or however else.

It's honestly incredible to me that after decades of Linux people arguing how Linux security is better, much of the community-- at least the community vocal on these forums-- seems completely fine ignoring lessons hard-learned in the Windows world over the last 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
                  Plus, what you described sounds like the paradigm Apple officially supports for scripting macOS apps via the accessibility APIs in things like AppleScript and Automator. How else would one automate applications when their authors didn't think to expose a more traditional API?
                  I don't use Macs but I'm sure they're more sane than Wayland. As much as I hate Crapple... at least they aren't that stupid.

For Wayland, accessibility APIs are probably a huge security/privacy hole!!! I mean, just because a user could use them for legit reasons for accessibility, so can malware… burn them at stake!

Comment

Quackdoc caligula

This isn't just for VGA or CRTs. Even digital video signals have pixel clocks and blanking intervals. And many monitors are capable of quite a bit more (higher refresh rate, large vertical total for less reduced tearing) than what the EDID claims.

Custom mode lines can also be used to exactly match the video modes of multiple monitors, to allow memory relocking and reduce idle power

Comment

Originally posted by yump View Post
                      Quackdoc caligula

This isn't just for VGA or CRTs. Even digital video signals have pixel clocks and blanking intervals. And many monitors are capable of quite a bit more (higher refresh rate, large vertical total for less reduced tearing) than what the EDID claims.

Custom mode lines can also be used to exactly match the video modes of multiple monitors, to allow memory relocking and reduce idle power
                      im familiar, it's just that I myself particularly care about CRT

Comment

Working...
                      X