X Window System Turns 38 Years Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

As long as the compositor itself is not hanged and you use server side decorations, shouldn't all that still work?
    I was replying to a client side decoration supporter that claimed server side decoration is BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by billyswong View Post
      I was replying to a client side decoration supporter that claimed server side decoration is BS.
      Oh, I thought it was about keeping the WM and the server separate, sorry.
      Yeah, CSD is quite short sighted. I can't deny it's pretty and may have its use, but assuming no mistakes were made has always been the greatest mistake of modern computing.

Comment

• Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

Oh, I thought it was about keeping the WM and the server separate, sorry.
        Yeah, CSD is quite short sighted. I can't deny it's pretty and may have its use, but assuming no mistakes were made has always been the greatest mistake of modern computing.
        if someone really really like CSD aesthetic, I think a good compromise would be providing a way for CSD style applications (Winamp is probably the earliest of them all) to communicate to WM, where are your min/max/close button, and where are your drag-to-move handle. With so, their PoV of beauty won't conflict with our PoV of practicality.

Comment

Working...
        X