Qualcomm MSM DRM Driver Improvements Submitted Ahead Of Linux 5.16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualcomm MSM DRM Driver Improvements Submitted Ahead Of Linux 5.16

Phoronix: Qualcomm MSM DRM Driver Improvements Submitted Ahead Of Linux 5.16

The MSM DRM driver for supporting the open-source display/graphics support with Qualcomm Snapdragon SoCs has submitted their main feature pull request to DRM-Next ahead of the upcoming Linux 5.16 merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It looks like these contributions are third-party. I guess Qualcomm is a company that is not very interested in Linux or open source.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      It looks like these contributions are third-party. I guess Qualcomm is a company that is not very interested in Linux or open source.
      It is a mix of qcom, linaro, google, and community (there is a healthy community of folks adding upstream support for various phones, for example).

This cycle there wasn't as much from qcom (but, for example, the CRC support was). Last cycle there was a lot of sc7280 display and gpu enablement from qcom, and I expect sc7280 eDP patches from qcom next cycle.. due to the dependencies on sc8180x eDP/DP support, it didn't quite line up this cycle. A far bit of the patch review was also from qcom.

So I don't think it is fair to say they aren't interested in linux or open source. Maybe you could say they are interested where it aligns more with their business interests.. but I think that is true in general across the industry.

Comment

Working...
      X