Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Libinput 1.19 Released With Hold Gestures & High Resolution Wheel Scrolling

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Libinput 1.19 Released With Hold Gestures & High Resolution Wheel Scrolling

    Phoronix: Libinput 1.19 Released With Hold Gestures & High Resolution Wheel Scrolling

    Libinput 1.19 is now available as the newest version of this Linux input handling library commonly used these days by both X.Org and Wayland desktops...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...=libinput-1.19

  • #2
    This looks very nice and smooth! 👍💜

    Comment


    • #3
      Now we just need the updated libinput XInput2 driver (for X11) or updated wayland-protocol, updated libwayland, updated every app or framework using wayland.

      Comment


      • #4
        Finally adding the brakes to run away scrolling

        Comment


        • #5
          🎉 Hold gestures means a tap (one or two fingers) will stop kinetic scrolling! Currently we gotta scroll the opposite direction a bit which just ain't it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by carewolf View Post
            Now we just need the updated libinput XInput2 driver (for X11) or updated wayland-protocol, updated libwayland, updated every app or framework using wayland.
            I hate Twitter, so I'll spare you a visit to that cesspool of a website. I can't comprehend how libre&open source activists/developers can encourage it.

            Sorry for venting & the off-topic. Cheers!

            Comment


            • #7
              More info about this work here

              https://who-t.blogspot.com/2021/08/l...wheel.html?m=1

              Top level MR in gitlab here with links to MRs for supporting this in gtk and QT etc:

              https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libin...2#note_1046230

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tomas View Post
                More info about this work here

                https://who-t.blogspot.com/2021/08/l...wheel.html?m=1

                Top level MR in gitlab here with links to MRs for supporting this in gtk and QT etc:

                https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libin...2#note_1046230
                Doing God's work right there

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chocolate View Post
                  I hate Twitter, so I'll spare you a visit to that cesspool of a website. I can't comprehend how libre&open source activists/developers can encourage it.

                  Sorry for venting & the off-topic. Cheers!

                  Yeah, if you update the driver (which I noted you need). That is the nice part about the XInput2 driver, it already supports hires scroll wheels. It is only wayland compositors and clients that needs updating because the procotols wasn't made very flexible on this point.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Do they still have mouse acceleration enabled by default

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X