Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Server Adds "AsyncFlipSecondaries" To Deal With Crappy Multi-Monitor Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nibel
    replied
    I didn't know this bug, I've 2 differents screen with 2 differents resolution (2560x1440 & 1920x1080) but with same refresh rate (165Hz). I was lucky.

Leave a comment:

• whitecat
    replied
    Originally posted by treba View Post
    On Wayland you can have multiple screens at different refresh rates
    Not on clone mode.

Leave a comment:

• Mushoz
    replied
    I see some references in the diffs to variable refresh rate. Does this mean this will allow VRR to work in multi-monitor setups under Xorg? Specifically, will this work with AMD's Freesync in multi-monitor situations?

Leave a comment:

• partcyborg
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post

No, if you take that for serious you're either an idiot or the commenter is a killer, none of which applies to the subject of Linux graphics devs.
    I wouldn't be so sure. Hans Reiser (the creator of reiserfs) murdered his wife.

Leave a comment:

• stalkerg
    replied
    Wayland is still not ready if you need to type Japanese or use any other IM (it's working but too buggy and new extensions are still in the design phase)
    Also, the Vilhelm game is very slow under XWayland.

Leave a comment:

• dragonn
    replied
    Will that allow us to run GSYNC on a multimonitor setup when a program runs on fullscreen on one of the supports monitor?
    Because it sounds like it will. That would be fantastic because I found about this limitation yesterday xD

Leave a comment:

• curfew
    replied
    Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

Knowing the kind of character you can meet online, I'd say Poe's Law is at play. Next time use a tag.
    Instead of further crippling our ability to understand simple sentences and comprehend subtle undertones, we should teach the illiterate people how to read. So stop moaning about your limited capabilities and try to be better next time.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

That's where the misunderstanding comes from. You are talking about reasonable, I am talking about crazy people on the internet. Anonymous losers do make death threats, and also do them to anonymous losers as well as to people of actual relevance. Of course, if we assume you are reasonable, it is obviously a joke. But it's something you should not assume of strangers on the internet.
    I get your pessimism but strangers on the internet are the best people on Earth. One can only describe them as a mix of MLK, Einstein, Confucius and Aristotle.

Leave a comment:

• sinepgib
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post

That would be reasonable if I was a contributor to the graphics stack or something, not an anonymous loser from the peanut gallery who just comments and doesn't actually do anything for the Linux graphics stack and thus has no voice in it.
    That's where the misunderstanding comes from. You are talking about reasonable, I am talking about crazy people on the internet. Anonymous losers do make death threats, and also do them to anonymous losers as well as to people of actual relevance. Of course, if we assume you are reasonable, it is obviously a joke. But it's something you should not assume of strangers on the internet.

Leave a comment:

• Myownfriend
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    How did I fail? Most articles that discuss X end up into an X vs. Wayland discussion.
    Shit. Sorry. I know I responded to you before but it looks like I was attributing some of Avem's past posts to you in my head. My bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X