X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by notanoob View Post
    The later is unlikely(unless you're mozilla)
    I assume you're talking about Servo's instability? Keep in mind that it's just a layout engine right now. Planet Mozilla has had more than one "*blush* Remember, Rust won't magically fix C/C++ dependencies." blog post over the last few years. (eg. Servo still depends on the SpiderMonkey javascript engine.)

Leave a comment:

• nomadewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by hussam View Post
    GCC 8.0 gets rewritten in Rust.
    That would be awesome!

Leave a comment:

• darkelement
    replied
    planetguy, rudregues, perceptia's main goal is to be good for power users but new-commer-friendly at the same time so its default configuration will probably be very similar to Openbox. See the bug #1:

Tiling window managers despite being very configurable and by automatically managing windows doing much work for user helping him move around windows making work much more productive are not the mo...

Feel free to open issue and describe features from Openbox you would like to see in perceptia here:

Dynamic window manager with support for Wayland. Contribute to perceptia/perceptia development by creating an account on GitHub.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    GCC 8.0 gets rewritten in Rust.

Leave a comment:

• mulenmar
    replied
    Originally posted by flubba86 View Post

AMDGPU-PRO open-sources new Vulkan implementation written in Rust and publishes it to Mesa!
    I'll see that and raise you a "SystemD, Mesa rewritten in Rust, ported to BeOS reimplementation HaikuOS"

Leave a comment:

• flubba86
    replied
    Originally posted by danboid View Post
    Wayland in rust? Beat that for perfect phoronix clickbait!
    AMDGPU-PRO open-sources new Vulkan implementation written in Rust and publishes it to Mesa!

Leave a comment:

• rudregues
    replied
    Originally posted by planetguy View Post
    A bit off topic, but does anyone know an Openbox clone for Wayland?
    +1

I'm with Openbox in Antergos and Manjaro. Openbox is the best for me.

Leave a comment:

• notanoob
    replied
    Originally posted by Zeioth View Post

Because Rust is a highly concurrent language. So it MAY perform better.
    In my personal experience working with multi threading (in C#), it also makes the code a bit harder to follow in some scenarios.
    Rust is also nice because it removes bad pointers and by default ensures memory safety. This is nice for users because it means less crashes and bugs for things written in pure rust. Unless you have no idea how to manage memory and turn the default off or if you are intentionally subverting your program. The later is unlikely(unless you're mozilla) the earlier is possible but not going to be common because defaults.

Leave a comment:

• danboid
    replied
    Any chance this could make its way into redox?

Leave a comment:

• danboid
    replied
    Wayland in rust? Beat that for perfect phoronix clickbait!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X