Libinput 1.7 Released With Support For Lid Switches, Scroll Wheel Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    since OpenSUSE and Fedora switched to Libinput I am not able any more to enable/disable the 'tap to click' option in Gnome settings for my Dell Inspiron laptop: it literally disappeared.
    Huh? I can see the option in GNOME Control Center and it works properly (using Fedora 25, but it also was present in Fedora 24).

Comment

Originally posted by dafero View Post
      Any idea when it will support smooth scrolling? Is this something that needs to come from libinput? Or from the DE instead?
      There is a HUGE difference between linux and Windows and Mac.
      libinput supports smooth scrolling, sometimes it depends on the client app to implement it properly on their side.

Comment

Originally posted by rober View Post

libinput supports smooth scrolling, sometimes it depends on the client app to implement it properly on their side.
        Yeah. For example, some applications are built around APIs old enough to assume the scroll wheel will be presented as fake mouse buttons (4 and 5) which get pressed once per detent.

Now, widgets that are provided with toolkits like GTK+ or Qt can be patched without altering the application's code... but custom widgets or event handlers to customize scroll behaviour on existing ones require patching on an application-by-application basis for anything beyond "send one event every time scroll progresses far enough in order to translate the new API's inputs to the old API the app expects."

Comment

ssokolow cpburnz lowlands

Fedora 25 here: actually the last update brought newer versione of gnome settings (and other related packages).. somehow now the setting is back! I wonder if it was somehow overdue or if some developer was actually reading... thanks by the way

Comment

Working...
          X