X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by gururise View Post
      Last I heard, if you use Redshift or any other program to remove blue light from your monitor at night, it won't work with Wayland. Not sure if that's still the case though.
      anything like xrandr for wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
        anything like xrandr for wayland?
        You can track the progress on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wayland_features
        Note that some reports may be out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post

You can track the progress on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wayland_features
          Note that some reports may be out of date.
          That doesnt answer my question. First of all xrandr also controlls gammas, which means you can control blue gamma and overall brightness.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

That doesnt answer my question. First of all xrandr also controlls gammas, which means you can control blue gamma and overall brightness.
            If you read the link, xrandr and colour temperature are listed.

Comment

This discussion is more recent:

I use a Jolla phone with SailfishOS which already uses Wayland as display server. One thing I'm really missing is color shift in the dark. Is there something similar to the X server extension used ...

But unfortunately no progress yet.

Comment

I really like the enthusiastic about Wayland and replaycing Xorg. But the truth is, Fedora is not replaycing Xorg with Wayland. They replaye the Xorg Server with an Wayland Compositor. The complete Xorg dependencies still remain. And the worst thing is, wayland must "emulate" the x api calls thru a new layer.
                So i can see no benfit on using a wayland compositor, only displaying X programms.
                Bad things about Wayland-Compositors: Its no longer possible to use the nvidia opengl Driver, and play any Steam Game.
                And the best Feature ssh -X is no longer working to a remote machine...

Different wayland compositors are not compatible between each other. An KDE Screensaver would never run on an GNOME Desktop. Its not possible to write a simple Programm to change the Desktop image. Its working on Gnome or KDE. In the Future the Linux Desktop will Split up more and more.

Long Live X11

Comment

Originally posted by Nebulus View Post
                  Bad things about Wayland-Compositors: Its no longer possible to use the nvidia opengl Driver, and play any Steam Game.

Long Live X11

I'm sure a lot of people will use X11 when they discover that a lot of the media players won't work properly .

and there is totally broken video acceleration

Comment

Originally posted by Nebulus View Post
                    I really like the enthusiastic about Wayland and replaycing Xorg. But the truth is, Fedora is not replaycing Xorg with Wayland. They replaye the Xorg Server with an Wayland Compositor. The complete Xorg dependencies still remain. And the worst thing is, wayland must "emulate" the x api calls thru a new layer.
                    So i can see no benfit on using a wayland compositor, only displaying X programms.

Different wayland compositors are not compatible between each other. An KDE Screensaver would never run on an GNOME Desktop. Its not possible to write a simple Programm to change the Desktop image. Its working on Gnome or KDE. In the Future the Linux Desktop will Split up more and more.

Long Live X11
                    gradually x11 will disappear... Long life to nothing.

Comment

Wayland by default looks more like an upstream GNOME choice than a Fedora choice. I use GNOME 3.22 on Arch Linux and it defaults to Wayland when using the open source drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X