Wayland 1.11 Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post

Well, technically it should be for Weston for all non-insane X11 functionality as it is the reference compositor. It is also possible Wayland ends up extended to allow DM's to implement things. We'll see
    KDE already extends it in order to integrate plasma with kwin.

September was a busy months in the KDE Wayland world. We have worked hard to bring Plasma closer to a workable system and could cross off some very important milestones. Transient window positionin…

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      instead of asking the question, why dont you go an have a look at the TODO list of Wayland website
      And there is no TODO link on https://wayland.freedesktop.org/

Comment

instead of asking the question, why dont you go an have a look at the TODO list of Wayland website
        Instead of ignoring the question, maybe answer the question. You mentioned Wayland is far from done. You said to check the website. It doesn't have a TODO. See https://wayland.freedesktop.org/ Or maybe you mean the completely outdated TODO in git master? https://github.com/nobled/wayland/blob/master/TODO it hasn't changed since 2012.

So again: Please clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by bkor View Post
          It doesn't have a TODO.
          There's nothing left to do, obviously. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

There's nothing left to do, obviously. 😉
            Well IIRC, most of the work left is in implementation (such as GTK/GNOME for example), not much left in the protocol specifically.

Fedora has a nice fairly maintained list of TODO's, there are some mentions of stuff that needs a protocol fix, so I'm not sure if it's sufficient to say that there's "nothing left to do":

Granted, this list could be partially out of date, even though most of it seems maintained.

Comment

i dont think there boring. Wayland still isnt 100% complete by any chance AFAIK . i think Wayland 1.12 will go close to being 100% complete though. question is will they get 1.12 in F25 or stay with 1.11
              I don't understand your statement, I was under the impression that Wayland was a protocol, not an implementation. AFAIK, this would make it dependant on compositor developers, not on distribution.

Comment

i dont think there boring. Wayland still isnt 100% complete by any chance AFAIK . i think Wayland 1.12 will go close to being 100% complete though. question is will they get 1.12 in F25 or stay with 1.11
                And it never will be 100% complete. Just how X11 is not complete.
                It would call it ready for production use though (as that is what it is).

Again, I reiterate, I love how the Wayland releases are "boring" and DE's are just using it.

Comment

Working...
                X