Fedora 23 Likely To Pursue Wayland By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Oh, it's gonna piss me off so bad when systemd sucks in wayland.

Until then, Right on! I like it a lot!

EDIT: I hope systemd sucks in mir instead. That would serve them right.
    Logind will probably be required by both until a decent user session management alternative is available.
    It is actually the key issue for non systemd systems in my opinion, for desktop users.

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
      Logind will probably be required by both until a decent user session management alternative is available.
      It is actually the key issue for non systemd systems in my opinion, for desktop users.
      That's ok by me. As long as it doesn't become systemd-wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
        There are still XFCE, LXQt and Enlightenment.
        Well lxqt it does not have a windows manager people use lxqt with kwin, and lxde with openbox. XFCE it does have a Windows Manager but the development is to slow. Enlightment probably is already supporting wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by cocklover View Post
          Well lxqt it does not have a windows manager people use lxqt with kwin, and lxde with openbox. ...
          I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by cocklover View Post
            distros like Fedora and Arch doesn't care about QA, so we need to wait to come into debian stable to be sure.
            Arch, etc. care about QA, but in a different way. The bleeding edge distros are the ones who actually do the QA and report bugs that get fixed upstream before the more conservative distros adopt them. As a rule of thumb, they're usually ~6-12 months apart. (More for Debian, due to its periodic feature freezes.)

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
            Agreed - the lack of a good alternative to logind was the main reason systemd became as controversial as it did. (There was also them assimilating udev, but it was the dependency of DEs on the logind interface that really pissed people off.)

Personally, I'd like to know how well Wayland supports multiseat and gaming. I'd use it right now if those two are covered.

Comment

Working...
            X