Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    Thank you very much.

It doesn't work for me in Vbox. When i run the script it seems like it goes into a loop. The journal showed a segfault related to libexcore.
    Recompile efl too?

Comment

It worked for me. Did you stop all running X instances (including KDM/GDM, etc.), and log in as a regular user?

It's a bit unstable, though; complains about missing modules (everything module? XD ); crashes (and recovers); windows close when you click on the X, but remain in the task list; the virtual desktop is the wrong size (goes outside the visible screen), as noted on the AUR page; seems like there's some scaling issues when maximizing windows, too, but that may be related to the incorrect virtual desktop size.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
        It worked for me. Did you stop all running X instances (including KDM/GDM, etc.), and log in as a regular user?

It's a bit unstable, though; complains about missing modules (everything module? XD ); crashes (and recovers); windows close when you click on the X, but remain in the task list; the virtual desktop is the wrong size (goes outside the visible screen), as noted on the AUR page; seems like there's some scaling issues when maximizing windows, too, but that may be related to the incorrect virtual desktop size.
        Started on a clean VM. No X or anything. A plain linux installation. And then i downloaded tarballs from AUR (efl-git ,elementary-git, enlightenment-wayland-git).

Comment

Started on a clean VM. No X or anything. A plain linux installation. And then i downloaded tarballs from AUR (efl-git ,elementary-git, enlightenment-wayland-git).
          Might be something wrong in latest git code. Did you run pacman -Syu? I guess You did. And which VM You are talking about?

Comment

And what about wayland related flags? Those are enabled in ecore, evas, etc? Sorry for double post, can't edit my initial post. Dunno for sure, but maybe that magic X in libeXcore means you need some x packages? Just a blind guess.
            Last edited by phoen1x; 27 August 2014, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phoen1x View Post
              And what about wayland related flags? Those are enabled in ecore, evas, etc? Sorry for double post, can't edit my initial post. Dunno for sure, but maybe that magic X in libeXcore means you need some x packages? Just a blind guess.
              I test things on Virtualbox (which yes is a POS that takes the host kernel down on occasion). I don't have a test system so i can test in real HW and i am not messing around with the main one. As for the evas ecore flags i assume they are supposed to work with the current AUR packagebuilds.

I installed some X stuff but still no go. Still the same error.

Comment

I test things on Virtualbox (which yes is a POS that takes the host kernel down on occasion). I don't have a test system so i can test in real HW and i am not messing around with the main one. As for the evas ecore flags i assume they are supposed to work with the current AUR packagebuilds.

Currently don't have any linux machines, so really can't help that much. Checked aur efl-git package and compared pkgbuild from enlightenment.git, few flags and packages are different. Check those out:
                libx11' 'libxau' 'libxcomposite'
                'libxdamage' 'libxdmcp' 'libxext' 'libxfixes' 'libxinerama'
                'libxi' 'libxrandr' 'libxrender' 'libxss' 'libxtst'
                'libxcursor' 'libxp' 'libgl','libdrm'. Some are already installed some might be missing and that maybe causing the problem.

Comment

Currently don't have any linux machines, so really can't help that much. Checked aur efl-git package and compared pkgbuild from enlightenment.git, few flags and packages are different. Check those out:
                  'libxcursor' 'libxp' 'libgl','libdrm'. Some are already installed some might be missing and that maybe causing the problem.

All there. Thanks for the help anyway. Don't worry i believe it'll be sorted out sooner or later.

Comment

I wrote the PKGBUILD in the AUR and most of the one in the git repo; the main difference is simply implicit deps, where a dep doesn't need to be included if it's already a dep of a listed dep. Other than that, it scim (input method), and I enabled external lz4 in the AUR, which is brand new.

Comment

Yes, it should work with the current AUR PKGBUILDs. I would blame VirtualBox, E has had some issues with it in the past (even in the past few months), to the point where they've blacklisted the versions of vbox video driver.

It is possible I missed a dep somwhere, but everything that's dynamically linked is in the deps correctly, so it *should* be fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X