No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Gallium3D Gets UBO/TBO Support, OpenGL 3.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my case I have sb audigy for sounds so i've never tested audio over hdmi. Maybe you need adjust some speaker configurations in the game or system.

Comment

Latest kernel? Audio over HDMI? That's a classic.

Code:
      xrandr --output HDMI-0 --set audio auto

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
        Latest kernel? Audio over HDMI? That's a classic.

Code:
        xrandr --output HDMI-0 --set audio auto
        I do NOT use audio over HDMI. I use spdif-out of the onboard soundcard (intel ICH-10 with some realtek thing). Some days ago that worked. The HDMI-audio is even deleted (via Yast) and should not interfere.
        And again - sound for non-source-engine-games and everything else IS working. So I suspect that source-engine-games try to output sound via HDMI or analoge instead of over spdif. Sadly those games do not have an option to switch that...

So - how would your above command look like, if I want wo force --output SPDIF???

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
          You need to install LLVM 3.4.
          Simply installing LLVM 3.4 will not help with RadeonSI. Mesa needs to be compiled with LLVM 3.4 as a dependency.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
            OpenSUSE 13.1 (RC2) with pontostroy repositorys for kernel and mesa.
            It should be fixed now. Update your Mesa and x server.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
              Simply installing LLVM 3.4 will not help with RadeonSI. Mesa needs to be compiled with LLVM 3.4 as a dependency.
              Yeah, that's what i meant since he was already compiling mesa from git. Install it and then recompile mesa.

For 3.0 support, you'll need Mesa 10.0 with LLVM 3.4.

For 3.1 support, you'll need at least x-server 1.13.

I'm not sure about kernel support, but I'd recommend the newest you can there as well for the best DPM support.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                Yeah, that's what i meant since he was already compiling mesa from git. Install it and then recompile mesa.

For 3.0 support, you'll need Mesa 10.0 with LLVM 3.4.

For 3.1 support, you'll need at least x-server 1.13.

I'm not sure about kernel support, but I'd recommend the newest you can there as well for the best DPM support.
                Is there any sort of guide on how to compile mesa with the latest xserver/gallium/llvm3.4/dri for radeonsi?

Comment

Is there any sort of guide on how to compile mesa with the latest xserver/gallium/llvm3.4/dri for radeonsi?
                  It depends on which distro you're running. I'm an Arch user, so it's actually pretty simple: I just use this repo for precompiled packages: http://pkgbuild.com/~lcarlier/mesa-git/

Comment

Originally posted by dffx View Post
                    It depends on which distro you're running. I'm an Arch user, so it's actually pretty simple: I just use this repo for precompiled packages: http://pkgbuild.com/~lcarlier/mesa-git/
                    Looking for a normal non-distro-specific solution for Ubuntu. The usual way of using git to clone the latest repo along with the configure options to use. I don't know anything about what's specifically needed to compile the entire driver/xorg stack for radeonsi with llvm or what configure options are needed. I at least know llvm/clang is needed which can be installed as so:

Code:
                    git clone https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm
                    git clone https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang
                    cd llvm; ./configure --enable-pic; make -j9; sudo checkinstall -y --pkgname=llvm-git --pkgversion=3.4; ../
                    cd clang; make -j9; sudo checkinstall -y --pkgname=clang-git --pkgversion=3.4; ../

Comment

Looking for a normal non-distro-specific solution for Ubuntu. The usual way of using git to clone the latest repo along with the configure options to use. I don't know anything about what's specifically needed to compile the entire driver/xorg stack for radeonsi with llvm or what configure options are needed. I at least know llvm/clang is needed which can be installed as so:

Code:
                      git clone https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm
                      git clone https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang
                      cd llvm; ./configure --enable-pic; make -j9; sudo checkinstall -y --pkgname=llvm-git --pkgversion=3.4; ../
                      cd clang; make -j9; sudo checkinstall -y --pkgname=clang-git --pkgversion=3.4; ../
                      The "normal non-distro-specific solution" is to clone the repo, configure, make and make install.

Note that i approach this from Debian/Ubuntu point of view since its easier to build deb files and track them, especially if certain compile options are changed which result in added/removed files from the build (the removed files' old version will still be there if you just use make install and may create problems).

But in case your repo has (and probably it has) a mesa installed from packages you have to make sure that the new libraries are loaded which can be tricky if there are 2 libraries in the library path (even if in different locations).
                      You have 2 choices:
                      -Install in a different prefix and convince ldconfig to always load the new libraries. Cleaner solution but i had some issues with old libs loaded.
                      -Overwrite the old libraries and deal with the package updating issues - if a new update appears for a mesa component and its upgraded, your libs will be overwritten since the apt system has no idea about what you did there.
                      Here you can do the following (i did it this way):
                      Compile mesa and make it a deb package - this package will step on many other system packages toes so to speak since Debian/Ubntu hacked mesa into a truckload of separate packages. Solution:
                      Find out what packages have conflicting files (trial and error, try to install the .deb file from terminal and watch the errors) and recreate the .deb, with the conflicting packages added to the "replaces" list until it will install. This will result in the built mesa's files added to a list in apt's records that state that the files in question belong to the newer package (mesa) and will not be bothered if the system's mesa library package is updated.

As for building for radeonsi, you only have to specify the "--with-gallium-drivers=radeonsi" config option. Example below my build script for r600 (i suppose replacing r60 with radeonsi would work):

Code:
                      ./autogen.sh --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-debug \
                      CPPFLAGS="-m64" \
                      CXXFLAGS="-m64" \
                      --enable-64-bit --disable-32-bit \
                      --enable-texture-float \
                      --with-gallium-drivers=r600,swrast \
                      --with-dri-drivers="" \
                      --enable-vdpau \
                      --enable-egl --enable-gles1 --enable-gles2 \
                      --enable-glx-tls \
                      --with-egl-platforms=x11,drm \
                      --enable-gbm \
                      --enable-gallium-egl \
                      --enable-gallium-osmesa \
                      --with-osmesa-bits=32 \
                      --enable-gallium-llvm \
                      --enable-r600-llvm-compiler \
                      --enable-shared-glapi
                      Note that i use 64 bit system and i have to build mesa separately for 64 and 32 bit (the latter for 3d apps, mostly games that are 32 bit like for example the games from STEAM).
                      deb builder script:
                      Code:
                      fakeroot checkinstall --install=no --replaces libgles1-mesa:amd64,libgl1-mesa-dev,libglapi-mesa:amd64,libgles2-mesa:amd64,libgbm1:amd64,libegl1-mesa-dev,libgl1-mesa-dri:i386,libgl1-mesa-dri:amd64,libgl1-mesa-glx:amd64,libegl1-mesa:amd64,libgl1-mesa-swx11:amd64,libegl1-mesa-drivers:amd64,libosmesa6-dev:amd64,mesa-common-dev --pkgname=mesa --pkgversion=`cat VERSION` --pkgarch=amd64 --backup=no
                      Really really good idea to save these in scripts.
                      I also made a "master" script that pulls the latest gits, builds mesa, xf86-ati, glamor and creates+installs their .deb files in one shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X