Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robclark View Post
    lol,

The mission of the CVE® Program is to identify, define, and catalog publicly disclosed cybersecurity vulnerabilities.

did you have a point?
    The point was the stupid post of LinuxGamer who said that there was no security holes in Fedora. I did not talk about Ubuntu.
    And you, did you have a point?

Comment

Originally posted by Malizor View Post
      The point was the stupid post of LinuxGamer who said that there was no security holes in Fedora. I did not talk about Ubuntu.
      You don't even know how to read i said "Huge Security Holes in it"

Comment

there are your average run of the mill CVE that every distro has.. and then there are the holes so big you could accidentally drive a truck through it without even noticing that it was there (like this VT switching issue). I think LinuxGamer was referring to the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
          Hm, ok. You just don't know what you are talking about.
          Let's move on to another subject.

Comment

Originally posted by robclark View Post
            there are your average run of the mill CVE that every distro has.. and then there are the holes so big you could accidentally drive a truck through it without even noticing that it was there (like this VT switching issue). I think LinuxGamer was referring to the latter.
            Not all CVE are "small"...

In this case we are talking about a known issue in a beta software that is not actually deployed anywhere by default (not even Ubuntu 13.10 daily images) and is only installed on developers/volunteers computers.

Pardon me if I find the latest OpenSSL/Apache/Bind security issues to be "bigger".

Comment

In this case we are talking about a known issue in a beta software that is not actually deployed anywhere by default (not even Ubuntu 13.10 daily images) and is only installed on developers/volunteers computers.

Pardon me if I find the latest OpenSSL/Apache/Bind security issues to be "bigger".
              Fair enough, it isn't a remotely exploitable issue. But still, it is an issue where an end user can exploit themselves without even realizing it. And a known issue, at that. It seems irresponsible to encourage users to install/test/use with this sort of known issue.

Comment

there are so many on Ubuntu its hard just to read the ones from 2013 holy shit Ubuntu is so fucking insecure it makes puppy's cry

The mission of the CVE® Program is to identify, define, and catalog publicly disclosed cybersecurity vulnerabilities.

Comment

you go know that no one by default is using mir yet right? not even on ubuntu 13.10 unless u manualy install it....
                  and even if it did ubuntu 13.10 is not even a beta yet....
                  also this is not a "big security hole" this is just a bug of a alpha software...
                  even the kernel has securitu issues and those yes are "big security holes".

stop being a fanboy LinuxGamer

Comment

Originally posted by MrTheSoulz View Post
                    you go know that no one by default is using mir yet right? not even on ubuntu 13.10 unless u manualy install it....
                    and even if it did ubuntu 13.10 is not even a beta yet....
                    also this is not a "big security hole" this is just a bug of a alpha software...
                    even the kernel has securitu issues and those yes are "big security holes".

stop being a fanboy LinuxGamer
                    LTS Kernels are the most secure and this Xmir thing is going into Beta next week soon to be the default

Comment

LTS Kernels are the most secure and this Xmir thing is going into Beta next week soon to be the default
                      check phoronix for the latest kernel security issue....
                      it was there for YEARS and no one knew, we dont even know how many time it was exploited...
                      you cant win this war dude, just give up, every thing has security issues...
                      new software is gonna be more insecure thats a fact

EDIT:
                      did u even know X is fill with security issues?
                      Last edited by MrTheSoulz; 22 August 2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X