The Performance Penalty Of Xfce/Xubuntu On XMir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    So I'm sure you are going to show us a working example of a native Mir desktop working with leap motion....
    im not saying it does (ATM) im saying it can...
    its better to be able to do it then not :P

EDIT: and if im not work it could also be used to make a kinitect controler since it is a 3d input.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTheSoulz View Post

EDIT: and if im not work it could also be used to make a kinitect controler since it is a 3d input.
      And you think that Wayland protocol isn't designed to be extensible? Even current X11 works with Leap Motion.
      Last edited by blackout23; 06 August 2013, 03:41 PM.

Comment

How do you know it can't? Because Canonical told you it can't?

Wayland's docs may make it look inflexible, but they're outdated now. My understanding is that the input method framework would make this possible now.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
          Mir is an abomination, kill it with fire.
          Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
          Where. Is. The. Like. Button.?
          hmm we need one

Comment

i can shoot laser beams out of my Eyes Just not ATM

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
              And you think that Wayland protocol isn't designed to be extensible? Even current X11 works with Leap Motion.
              then your doing the same mistake X did...
              theres a diference betwen designed for doing it or add it later.
              X was designed for doing one thing then they kept adding and adding untill its a complete mess.
              if they are doing the same mistake X did its only a matter of time untill this becomes crappy like X.

Comment

dee and linuxgamer on fire

i see ppl talking about wayland, mir its not needed because wayland... well where is wayland? where is working wayland? i thing the real probleam for the people who don t wants mir is their on "asses". stop with destructive criticism and wait to see what will come out of there.

I?m not a fanboy, I?m not a hater, i use fedora a long time ago and i change to arch them to ubuntu them to xubuntu and now i use ubuntu 13.04 gain brains and use what hell you want and stop with this stupid things

Comment

Originally posted by CFarris View Post
                  How do you know it can't? Because Canonical told you it can't?

Wayland's docs may make it look inflexible, but they're outdated now. My understanding is that the input method framework would make this possible now.
                  i read it somewhere, i think it was something related to DMA buffers or something like that.
                  unless they changed it now.

Comment

i read it somewhere, i think it was something related to DMA buffers or something like that.
                    unless they changed it now.
                    I read somewhere that Hitler has a base in Antarctica.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
                      i see ppl talking about wayland, mir its not needed because wayland... well where is wayland? where is working wayland? i thing the real probleam for the people who don t wants mir is their on "asses". stop with destructive criticism and wait to see what will come out of there.

I?m not a fanboy, I?m not a hater, i use fedora a long time ago and i change to arch them to ubuntu them to xubuntu and now i use ubuntu 13.04 gain brains and use what hell you want and stop with this stupid things
                      I can Say you did not really read my Post and heres "My Wayland" https://sailfishos.org/

Comment

Working...
                      X