Canonical Posts 15 Mesa Patches To Support Mir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
    It would lead to canonical's mesa packages diverging more and more from upstream, potentially introducing issues.
    Canonical's mesa Patches have issues go ask Kwin Developers

Comment

• Originally posted by Adarion View Post
      I also kind of hope they'll reject it. I mean, why should mesa bother with these patches? They serve only Ubuntu and for everybody else they are a burden. Canonical should at least be so fair to hire some developer and pay him/her to take care of these patches within the mesa tree.
      I guess they won't reject the patch set.
      They simply don't reply at all.

At least that's the way it has been back in March.
      Now I don't see any reason why that should be significantly different this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        I guess they won't reject the patch set.
        They simply don't reply at all.

At least that's the way it has been back in March.
        Now I don't see any reason why that should be significantly different this time.
        Yeah, I noticed yesterday there wasn't any answer. I don't think that's right, they should at least tell them why they get rejected, and actually reject them if they don't want to merge them.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
          Yeah, I noticed yesterday there wasn't any answer.
          I don't think that's right, they should at least tell them why they get rejected,
          and actually reject them if they don't want to merge them.
          Ok, to be fair, it's still weekend, the patch set has not been posted too long ago.
          There's still time to reply. TBH, I don't think this will happen.

I fully agree with you. And to me a big chance for Canonical to get back into
          discussion with the freedesktop.org devs is to show up and discuss and present something at XDC2013.
          After all they [Canonical] want some of their code merged upstream to an fdo project [Mesa].

Of course, this needs balls... Don't think they'll do this.
          Last edited by entropy; 21 July 2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Ubuntu Forums AttckedBO$$ BO$$ BO$$ i Summon you to save them

"There has been a security breach on the Ubuntu Forums. The Canonical IS team is working hard as we speak to restore normal operations. This page will be updated regularly with progress reports.
            What we know

Unfortunately the attackers have gotten every user's local username, password, and email address from the Ubuntu Forums database.
            The passwords are not stored in plain text, they are stored as salted hashes. However, if you were using the same password as your Ubuntu Forums one on another service (such as email), you are strongly encouraged to change the password on the other service ASAP.
            Ubuntu One, Launchpad and other Ubuntu/Canonical services are NOT affected by the breach.

Progress report

2013-07-20 2011UTC: Reports of defacement
            2013-07-20 2015UTC: Site taken down, this splash page put in place while investigation continues."
            Last edited by LinuxGamer; 21 July 2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
              Already reported here:

Comment

• Originally posted by elanthis View Post
                Nothing. It was _never_ about choice. It was about having a Free kernel.

Short version of a long explanation: your "choice" is 100% to modify and share the code; it is not to force (give no choice to) other people to accept it.
                Who forced you install Ubuntu then?

--------

I am eating pop corn reading all this CRAP from Ubuntu haters and BO$$ in every damn topic.

You have destroyed every single thread with your BULLSHIT!

We DONT CARE if you like or hate Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse, Torvalds, Mir or Wayland. Shut the fuck up and stay on topic.

EDIT: elanthis i dont refer to you
                Last edited by verde; 21 July 2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexThunder View Post
                  While I think this is actually a perfectly sane policy in general, they probably exclude the majority of users. Thus, they're serving distros instead of people.
                  For last 10 years a lot of OSS developers serve distros instead of people. You always should select between stability and updated software when selecting distro - that's result of their ideology.

Comment

• Originally posted by verde View Post
                    Who forced you install Ubuntu then?

--------

I am eating pop corn reading all this CRAP from Ubuntu haters and BO$$ in every damn topic.

You have destroyed every single thread with your BULLSHIT!

We DONT CARE if you like or hate Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse, Torvalds, Mir or Wayland. Shut the fuck up and stay on topic.

EDIT: elanthis i dont refer to you
                    Kid, get the F out and take all those ubuntards with ya. MIR is fragmentation it's not Fing music player, text editor, terminal emulator, window manager or whatever, it's fucking display server and Xorg's successor is Wayland. Now as i said, get the F out. That's called staying on topic. I hope MESA developers will reject crap from canonical.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
                      You can use server side decorations within Wayland.

Weston is a *reference*. And is not a display server, is a compositor. You have to either decide for or against client side allocation on a given implementation. They choose client side on the reference, probably because they think it's better on the desktop and that's their main testing platform.
                      Wayland is just RPC library, so I can even fly to space with wayland - if someone will imlement it. Weston is display server (just look at source code before saying that it isn't), it enforces CSD and if someone will create yet one wayland-based server, you will see even more critisism than with Mir: "oh, they give up CSD to make our Weston less popular because no one toolkit writer actually wants to implement CSD".

Comment

Working...
                      X