Canonical Posts 15 Mesa Patches To Support Mir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alexThunder View Post
    How could I express my concern about this without being accused of fear mongering?

The difference is, that my concern is reasonable - you wouldn't deny that Canonical really has a big influence and that they really do some damage. Accusing me of fear mongering for seeing this as a concern seems highly unfair to me.

So we agree on that a MS/Apple/Canonical world is not what we want. And I think the more Canonical is integrated in the community and depends on it, the less such a scenario is likely.

You're avoiding a concrete answer to my question. Although, personally, that's enough of an answer for me.
    are you and BO$$ From the same blood line?

Comment

• Quite certain I don't want to see Mir patches being accepted upstream, at least until Mir gets adopted by two more major distributions.

And if Canonical can invest all that time and effort into writing and maintaining their own display server, they can very well afford to supply enough resources into maintaining their own downstream Mesa patches to support Mir.

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
        are you and BO$$ From the same blood line?
        I can't say for sure, but I guess not.

Comment

• Originally posted by intellivision View Post
          That's incorrect, trunk is only at 0.0.5. No code has been contributed to the 0.06/7 placeholders as they're just that, placeholders for bug tickets.
          So now we know you're lying or not well researched, how can we trust what you say?

You also didn't put up any evidence that proves mrugiero and BO$$ are the same person, so I assume you're going to shut up about that instead?
          hmm you tell me? in fall back

Comment

If Canonical patches Mesa downstream, you can't say that Mesa is including the majority per se (which, by coincidence is using Ubuntu). Again, I was not judging about whether or not this is bad at all (actually I still consider it sane, not to include distro specific code).
            You're saying that the majority if linux users use Ubuntu. Can you back that up? Yes, they have a large chunk, but I seriously doubt it's the majority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
              You're saying that the majority if linux users use Ubuntu. Can you back that up? Yes, they have a large chunk, but I seriously doubt it's the majority.

I know, that survey is not absolute, but the evidence is still striking.

And this:

It suggests (that's not a proof) Ubuntu has the majority among distros, although not the majority of total Linux users (I don't really know, how to count in "Other").

DistroWatch suggests, that Linux Minut is ahead of Ubuntu, but you may heard of the issues with taking that site as a measure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DistroW...e_hit_counters
              Last edited by alexThunder; 21 July 2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurv...tform=combined

I know, that survey is not absolute, but the evidence is still striking.

And this:

It suggests (that's not a proof) Ubuntu has the majority among distros, although not the majority of total Linux users.

DistroWatch suggests, that Linux Minut is ahead of Ubuntu, but you may heard of the issues with taking that site as a measure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DistroW...e_hit_counters
                Ubuntu takes up almost 40% of Linux-based systems in Wikimedia. If that's not the majority for both users and distributions then I don't know what is.

Comment

• That stat for Ubuntu includes Ubuntu plus ALL direct derivatives and others of Ubuntu. Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu and even Linux Mint register as Ubuntu 64bit or Ubuntu 32bit depending on the architecture.

I'm running Xubuntu 13.04, but if I access a website the webstat logs will read my OS information as Ubuntu 13.04. Even on Steam information via client it says Ubuntu 13.04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
                    Steam is only showing what 50%? if that and far as we know many of them are Lubuntu Xubuntu and Kbunutu
                    how many of them really change the Ubuntu Tag the only one i know who is doing that is Linux Mint so you do have some really good point also many are using Wine on Steam and most Linux users dont use Steam...

Comment

• Originally posted by synaptix View Post
                      That stat for Ubuntu includes Ubuntu plus ALL direct derivatives and others of Ubuntu. Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu and even Linux Mint register as Ubuntu 64bit or Ubuntu 32bit depending on the architecture.

I'm running Xubuntu 13.04, but if I access a website the webstat logs will read my OS information as Ubuntu 13.04. Even on Steam information via client it says Ubuntu 13.04.
                      Linux Mint 15 Olivia 64 bit
                      0.07%

Linux Mint 14 Nadia 64 bit
                      0.06%

i don't know about Linux Mint 13 or LMDE

Comment

Working...
                      X