Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    it looks like they bashed Canonical a little bit too
    "We wish the Mir develops all the best of luck in their endeavors, but we will, for the foreseeable future, throw our efforts behind Wayland support, along with our GTK+/GNOME and Qt/KDE etc. counterparts."

I wouldn't call that bashing but I would call some comments in this thread bashing.

Comment

Originally posted by kUrb1a View Post
      "We wish the Mir develops all the best of luck in their endeavors, but we will, for the foreseeable future, throw our efforts behind Wayland support, along with our GTK+/GNOME and Qt/KDE etc. counterparts."

I wouldn't call that bashing but I would call some comments in this thread bashing.
      now you're just cherry picking it was more of a Punt any ways
      Last edited by LinuxGamer; 20 July 2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
        Works AFAIK

It’s been a while since I’ve written a real blog post, so I’m going to do a bit of a roundup here. Brace yourselves. WAYLAND STATUS: Thanks to the work of Chris “devilhorns&…

few things are missing (ie minimize) but they are worked on.
        it also has this nice Video
        No. What you're seeing here is Wayland *client* support. This means that you can run Wayland clients (programs) within E18, you cannot run E18 on Wayland without X (yet)

Comment

Originally posted by Maxjen View Post
          As far as I understand it Enlightenment will support the functionality of being a Wayland compositor but not that it will necessarily drop Xorg support. I could be wrong though. Either way, Enlightenment on Wayland will be awesome. Hopefully it will be ready by the time Fedora 20 is released.
          You're not wrong, they are not dropping X support, just adding on Wayland support.

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmia View Post
            No. What you're seeing here is Wayland *client* support. This means that you can run Wayland clients (programs) within E18, you cannot run E18 on Wayland without X (yet)
            Does this mean Wayland clients can run under X? If so wouldn't it be possible to just write all applications for Wayland and Ubuntu can run them through XMir?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxjen View Post
              Does this mean Wayland clients can run under X? If so wouldn't it be possible to just write all applications for Wayland and Ubuntu can run them through XMir?
              Not directly in X, but inside E's compositor. It's written specifically to allow it.

Comment

Not directly in X, but inside E's compositor. It's written specifically to allow it.
                Wayland Soon
                "Current work is progressing toward a Wayland-Only version"

Comment

Wayland Soon
                  "Current work is progressing toward a Wayland-Only version"
                  https://phab.enlightenment.org/w/wayland/
                  "Soon" is a relative term. E18 is in a feature freeze, so it won't be included in that release. I'm hoping to see it with E19.

Comment

"Soon" is a relative term. E18 is in a feature freeze, so it won't be included in that release. I'm hoping to see it with E19.
                    that was for E18

[Enlightenment 0.18]

Complete support for rendering Wayland Client applications inside the existing X11 Compositor
                    Provides a Wayland Shell for use by Wayland Client applications
                    Current work is progressing toward a Wayland-Only version

Comment

that was for E18

[Enlightenment 0.18]

Complete support for rendering Wayland Client applications inside the existing X11 Compositor
                      Provides a Wayland Shell for use by Wayland Client applications
                      Current work is progressing toward a Wayland-Only version
                      I don't care what the header for the wiki page is. What I'm telling you is that it's not there right now and E18 is in a feature freeze pending it's release: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/m...sg_id=31071587 That quote doesn't promise E on Wayland, anyway, just says that work is being done on it.

Having E run on Wayland is a major new feature. Unless discomfitor decides to waive the restrictions (which I don't see happening, but I could be wrong), it will not be in E18.

Comment

Working...
                      X