Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XWayland 24.1 Planned For Release Next Month With Explicit Sync & Other Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yesssss

Comment

Will a fixed version (example: stable versions of Debian, Fedora, Pop, Ubuntu and etc) get this update? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mrjayviper View Post
        Will a fixed version (example: stable versions of Debian, Fedora, Pop, Ubuntu and etc) get this update? thanks
        Highly unlikely. This autumn releases will do.

Comment

X11 is dead, long live X11!

Comment

Originally posted by Kjell View Post

Can't wait for Steam to drop XWayland and the arbitrary 32bit lib requirement. Less compiling.
            Now that's one impossible thing to get, there are very little discussion about steam without 32 bit libs 😂

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post
              X11 is dead, long live X11!
              Our stepping stone for the future of Linux desktop

Comment

Originally posted by Blademasterz View Post

Now that's one impossible thing to get, there are very little discussion about steam without 32 bit libs 😂
                32bit lib requirement doesn't exist in Steam's MacOS version. Now we just need it removed in Linux.

Spread the word!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kjell View Post

32bit lib requirement doesn't exist in Steam's MacOS version. Now we just need it removed in Linux.

Spread the word!!
                  macOS doesn't run 32bit software, CPUs are pure 64bit and can't run directly 32bit games and that's why. I think there is some work being done to do a WoW64 like functionality under pure 64bit CPUs.

Anyhow, I use Arch (btw) and have all 32bit libraries disabled (repos, I mean, so don't have any multilib package installed)

So I use the Flatpak version of Steam and all the 32bit parts are just confined onto those Flatpak dependencies that don't interfere or mess up with the whole OS ones.

Comment

Originally posted by joaquinvacas View Post

So I use the Flatpak version of Steam and all the 32bit parts are just confined onto those Flatpak dependencies that don't interfere or mess up with the whole OS ones.
                    I run Steam in "native mode" since I want to use my system libraries which are both newer and compiled against march=native

WOW64 works really well, haven't had issues with any of my games which I run through Bottles

Comment

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post

There's an interesting thing going on with Electron/Chromium-based apps where even if they launch as Wayland apps, XWayland launches, and if you kill XWayland it also closes the app. But if you prevent XWayland from launching to begin with, the app launches and runs just fine.
                      I've noticed something similar with an SDL2 based game (Red Eclipse). If I launch it with SDL_VIDEODRIVER=wayland , for some reason XWayland still launches with the game. Interestingly, XWayland doesn't launch with other SDL2 based games.

Comment

Working...
                      X