• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For devs a big thung but for users its a snooze

Comment

Originally posted by elatllat View Post
      May they get dark mode right someday.
      You can always use Qt5ct/Qt6ct to configure it…

Comment

Originally posted by uscracks94 View Post
        but it doesn't work for me
        Originally posted by uscracks94 View Post
        Nvidia
        I found your problem, mate

Comment

Using Nvidia hardware on Linux is a sin

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post

In ideal world I wouldn't choose Nvidia, but most of the notebooks on the market comes with Nvidia gpu. And also I cannot choose what notebook my company gives me.
            And you missed the part that I mentioned screen sharing and blurry JetBrains IDEs, that's a pure Intel igpu notebook.
            ​​If the things that I mentioned are working fine in X11 but aren't working in Wayland, then that means Wayland is not ready to be shipped as default, or at least it's not ready to drop X11 completely (like Fedora)

Comment

Originally posted by elatllat View Post
              May they get dark mode right someday.
              You can install qt5ct or qt6ct and set your own engine, e.g. Breeze Dark or Kvantum.
              Last edited by Vistaus; 09 March 2024, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post

It's not working all that great on AMD either. On my dad's PC, Wayland refuses to work with AMD only hardware and on my PC, Plasma 6 with Wayland refuses to work correctly on AMD (Plasma 5 and LXQt work fine, however).

Comment

Really excited to test it out, I used to rock lxqt on my old thinkpad but migrated away from it a long time ago, waiting for more slim desktops to support wayland has been painful, so this is really exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademasterz View Post
                    Using Nvidia hardware on Linux is a sin
                    Funny how aside from framwork, every Linux hardware manufacturer including Linux exclusive ones like system76 ship their systems with Nvidia graphics.
                    I'm actually desperately trying to find a laptop that has AMD graphics and supports Linux - framework looks to be my only option. Though I hear the only thing not working on the alienware m18 on the linux side is the microphone, which I could probably live with - though I'd find no official support then.

Comment

Originally posted by ahrs View Post

Presumably it'll work with any compositor that supports the necessary wlroots protocols? I'd be curious to see if it can be integrated with Sway or Hyprland. A hybrid tiling desktop is something I've always wanted. My ideal desktop would be Plasma Shell on-top of a Sway or Hyprland core but KDE uses too many proprietary protocols. I don't even think something like KRunner can even run properly on other compositors (layer shell could be used for that, but why do that when you can use your own proprietary positioning protocol instead?).
                      I don't know if it works on other compositors, but according to a quick look at the source code the current version does use layer-shell.

Comment

Working...
                      X