Lab Wayland Compositor 0.7 Released - Ported To wlroots 0.17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guzz46 View Post

I don't know, but kwin, xfwm4, openbox, and compiz have it, so maybe see how they do it?
    Well, it's an exercise for me :-)

Comment

Originally posted by reba View Post

To be fair, apart from cage, these are either tiling and/or deprecated.
      The usage of cage+foot as a rescue option for non-tty systems is however not unheard of.
      Sadly, cage currently does not support tap-to-click, which I prefer to true clicking.
      Tiling is still minimalist and my list wasn't comprehensive. The point remains, there are plenty of other options.

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post

Tiling is still minimalist and my list wasn't comprehensive. The point remains, there are plenty of other options.
        Indeed, there is probably at least one for every taste, aside from the usual large suspects.

It's nice to try them out and get a feeling for each one of them and compose the system how it should be like on personal preference (swaybg, swayidle, swaylock, waybar, foot, krunner, wofi, bemenu-run, dunst, wlsunset, brightnessctl, ...)

Comment

One option for minimal stacking Wayland compositor is Hikari, but it is lacking too many features to me.

A cool thing is that Hikari is targeted primarily to FreeBSD.

Comment

It's not implemented as far as I know, but the GNOME folks have a new "mosaic" layout that is not tiling but is also smarter than the current behaviour: https://blogs.gnome.org/tbernard/202...ow-management/

Comment

Working...
            X