bad UI design
    For bad designs ( lack of it) open KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by nox86 View Post

For bad designs ( lack of it) open KDE.
      you could say the same thing about literally any DE

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

There's Flatseal, but that's neither official nor does it offer a popup dialog.

I agree with you on that. I wish EVERY application had a permissions system that was activated upon first run. I think having to resort to a 3rd party to do basic functions is bad design.
        Their perspective is that the static filesystem permissions controlled by Flatseal are legacy compatibility hacks that applications are to be weaned off of as things like porting from GtkFileChooser to GtkFileChooserNative or GFileDialog and implementing things like the drag-and-drop portal continue, and providing an official GUI for changing them would legitimize the expectation that users need to be knowledgeable enough to do so.

More generally, their perspective is that a desire to change manifest permissions among anyone not programmer-y enough to use the official flatpak override CLI subcommand indicates a bug in Flatpak to be fixed. (eg. I have no doubt they'll come up with an official GUI for whatever --share=network gets subdivided into once it's possible to do fine-grained network filtering without root.)

Comment

Working...
        X