Mir 2.11 Released With A Fix Around XWayland Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

Migration was probably not worth the effort. That doesn't make it the better solution. Keep in mind ChromeBooks are simpler than a general use Linux system too, as most of your interaction is expected to happen in the browser. You probably have X, PulseAudio (and since everything goes through the browser, maybe it uses ALSA directly), a DHCP daemon and little more to supervise, rather than an arbitrary number of services.

AFAIR the original author of Upstart recognized some design flaws systemd resolved. I can't find the original claim tho, so take it as anything I say from memory, with a grain of salt.
    When was the last time you learned about ChromeOS? At it's release probably and haven't updated your views since, right?

Comment

Originally posted by vb_linux View Post
      When was the last time you learned about ChromeOS? At it's release probably and haven't updated your views since, right?
      Yep. Anything worth knowing that you can share? I haven't really find it too interesting.

Comment

As if Red Hat was never "domineering." If you have worked on projects that touched on OpenStack you can remember instances of Red Hat employees trying to throw their wait around. Certainly everyone remembers how systemd got rammed through, not just in Red Hat but other distros.

The package format for LSB is RPM. Tell me how LSB isn't dictated by Red Hat.

There's one set of rules for attacking Canonical, a completely different set of rules for praising Red Hat.

Comment

Working...
        X