XWayland 22.1 Planned For Release Next Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
    We keep seeing movement on X and Xwayland. We haven't heard squat out of actual Wayland in ages. We were told that people should move to Wayland so they could stop developing the X servers. Turns out when we moved all the work seems to have stopped on Wayland and is being focused on X.
    But they have stopped developing the X servers and they are developing Wayland. Xwayland is still Wayland. It is not X. It is a Wayland application so that X apps can work on Wayland through it. Sadly many apps don't have Wayland native support, so Xwayland will keep being important for the Linux desktop for many years. Wayland still sees heavy development, try looking at Mutter and Kwin and Sway......

Comment

Originally posted by johncall View Post

LOL, it seems you suffer from the same frustration that I do. Except my trigger fires when people spell VMware wrong by slapping a wrong-sized 'W' in their name. VMWare hurts my eyes so much!
      How about vmWARE line abondonWARE ?

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post

Have thy released any thing other than trivial bug fixes lately? There used to be information on what they were doing regarding colour management but then they said they were going to stop posting about it some time last year and we haven't heard any thing since. How is fractional scaling coming? HDR? If you have a trove of info other than "Go read the source" I would love to give it a look.
        Wayland is a protocol, you can read about those advances in various Wayland Implementations here a lot.

That is like you ask on where the advancements are in X11 when everything in the last 20 years were X protocol extensions specific to that one implementation called Xorg. One implementation of many.

Comment

Working...
        X