X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Global Ignore List

I really wished it was a ban...
    Well, if that was the case, I should be able to unignore him. I think he was just shadowbanned. I seriously miss him, and I think this forum lost it's charm when he was removed from it.

Oh well, I guess I have a good reason to never buy Phoronix premium.

Comment

Huh, well I'm running debian 10 with xfce. I could less about the backend. But I fell in love with xfce a long ways back and always set it to default.
      only annoying thing is the screen blanking when resuming from the screen saver/screen off.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Global Ignore List

I really wished it was a ban...
        what? So he is shadowed for people that have logged in but is visible for non-logged?

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

Well, if that was the case, I should be able to unignore him. I think he was just shadowbanned. I seriously miss him, and I think this forum lost it's charm when he was removed from it.

Oh well, I guess I have a good reason to never buy Phoronix premium.
          you and everyone missing debianxfce have serious issues and should feel bad about yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

Well, if that was the case, I should be able to unignore him.
            Not even Michael can see his posts...

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

you and everyone missing debianxfce have serious issues and should feel bad about yourselves.
              He was a perfectly balanced troll, just enough bait to agitate people, no profanities that would make him cross the line, hilarious content.

Comment

I didn't appreciate him spreading completely untrue metrics (like his infamous rant about how 4G is inherently secure, users can't be tracked -- even by the ISPs -- and how man-in-the-middle attacks would never work on it) but if it's true that he was shadowbanned, that's screwed up. The only place I know where people are mistreated like that is Zuckerberg's failed empire.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
                  I didn't appreciate him spreading completely untrue metrics (like his infamous rant about how 4G is inherently secure, users can't be tracked -- even by the ISPs -- and how man-in-the-middle attacks would never work on it) but if it's true that he was shadowbanned, that's screwed up. The only place I know where people are mistreated like that is Zuckerberg's failed empire.
                  I don't see what's wrong in shadowbanning. If it keeps the user from making a new account to come back (which is what happens in most cases if you just ban), that's a "mission accomplieshed".

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                    Xfce 4.14 is supposedly coming out soon since three years…
                    But it's in sight now. We're just waiting for debianxfce to put the icing on top of the Xfce 4.14 cake.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

I don't see what's wrong in shadowbanning. If it keeps the user from making a new account to come back (which is what happens in most cases if you just ban), that's a "mission accomplieshed".
                      Unless a user is openly hostile and threatens other members, what's the point in doing either?

Comment

Working...
                      X