Clear All

• gorgone
    replied
    just dont use gnome ...

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    When opening an application in GNOME on X then it opens somewhere around the center or where it was last opened.
    But GNOME under Wayland often opens them in the top-left corner always.
    GNOME on Wayland tries to place windows in empty spaces (whenever possible), starting from the top left and working towards the bottom right I think. I actually find it quite useful because it requires less manual intervention to organize windows.

GNOME on x.org certainly has it's own issues too, such as dialogue boxes opening underneath other windows so you can't see them. Transmission is such a case. Try running a maximized Firefox and click a magnet link for a torrent with Transmission set as your default torrent-app. On x.org, it's like nothing happens, until you look underneath your Firefox window. Issues like this doesn't happen with GNOME on Wayland.

I'd go as far as to say that if you disregard certain performance issues, GNOME on Wayland is actually the more refined experience/workflow than GNOME on x.org. The latter has a bunch of weird quirks than annoy me.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    When i ran GNOME under Wayland the window positioning is often bad. I much prefer the window positioning in X.
    When opening an application in GNOME on X then it opens somewhere around the center or where it was last opened.
    But GNOME under Wayland often opens them in the top-left corner always.

Applications that need Wayland support:

Leave a comment:

• Wayland 1.17 Released With Updated Protocol & Other Improvements

Phoronix: Wayland 1.17 Released With Updated Protocol & Other Improvements

Wayland release manager Derek Foreman has officially announced the release of Wayland 1.17, the first official update since last August...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X