Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sway 1.0 RC1 Rolls Out With Wayland Clipboard Managers, Swayidle/Swaylock Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sway 1.0 RC1 Rolls Out With Wayland Clipboard Managers, Swayidle/Swaylock Changes

Phoronix: Sway 1.0 RC1 Rolls Out With Wayland Clipboard Managers, Swayidle/Swaylock Changes

The big Sway 1.0 Wayland compositor release is upon us with now having weekly release candidates until the code-base is deemed stable enough to officially ship...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hurray! I just started out dabbling with Sway and I'm looking forward to the 1.0 release.

Comment

Does Sway handle mixed DPI screens well? (ie, for example a laptop with 4k screen connected to a 1080p external screen)

Comment

afaik sway has fractional per output scaling https://github.com/swaywm/sway/wiki#hidpi
        i3-compatible Wayland compositor. Contribute to swaywm/sway development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by stingray454 View Post
          Does Sway handle mixed DPI screens well? (ie, for example a laptop with 4k screen connected to a 1080p external screen)
          The author claims Sway has the best high and mixed-DPI support of any Linux desktop environment.

Comment

Michael tildearrow missing word?

"With the Sway 1.0 RC1, it marks the point of being considered [stable?] and no new features being permitted"

Comment

Originally posted by miabrahams View Post

The author claims Sway has the best high and mixed-DPI support of any Linux desktop environment.
              Sweet. As I understand it the Wayland design is capable of solving the underlying issue with mixed DPI that we get in X, but so far I don't think the support of wayland DE's (KDE and such) is entirely there. Have to give this a try.

Comment

Working...
              X