Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
    However what happens when:
    you register F5 for mumble, and firefox uses it to refresh its content. Does it go to both? Does only one get it? In KDE if you register a conflicting shortcut you get informed about it.
    Yes, it should go to both.
    If an application chooses to set a global hotkey the program should obviously both make it some rare combination so it doesn't conflict with some other application as well as make it configurable in case it does just as in X/mac/windows, this is nothing new.

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
    Reimplementing Redshift in the compositor makes a lot of sense. Why? Because the compositor has knowledge about windows, and could (theoretically) draw video players/ drawing applications without redshift enabled, while it is enabled for the rest. It also allows for easier interaction between different color changing features.
    I would like that outside applications should be able to query the compositor for windows aswell, as long as you grant it permission to.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      Wayland is nowhere of being up to scratch to really throw away x-server, i'd like to see Wayland releases being released once a Year, not this twice a year BS .
      Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
      Wyaland still has ways to go in regards to X feature parity, but i guess it's come to a point where it's passable...
      I agree with nomadewolf. Keep in mind, Wayland isn't supposed to be a complete replacement for X. It's supposed to give all the core functionality that a desktop GUI needs while being able to take advantage of modern hardware. Though there are features X has that are missing in Wayland (such as middle-click-paste), I don't see that as a feature Wayland should be responsible for, but instead the desktop environment.

Anyway, I personally have found Wayland to be very usable. KDE still has a lot of work to do but for the most part I've had a smooth, stable, and complete experience (minus a couple things like middle-click-paste).

Comment

I would like to see Weston support having the panel at the bottom of the screen.

Comment

Working...
        X