Vulkan vs. OpenGL On Linux With Core i5, Core i7, Ryzen 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

That 15h is not quite true, 16h Jaguar (Kabini) does not have PSP also... PSP started with Puma cat so Beema, etc...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...icroprocessors

Kabini is 16h but it does not have PSP, while Beema yep.
    I think I trust the libreboot developers and Raptor Computing Systems (of the failed POWER8 machine crowdfunding campaign) over some random, uncited Wikipedia article. I'll do some further looking, though, and be quite annoyed if it turns out to be true...assuming those Kabini APUs aren't throttled like the FX-8800p was everywhere.

EDIT: Well, shit. It's still present, but not enabled. Wish I'd known that before I bought that laptop with the throttled-to-15W FX-8800p.
    Last edited by mulenmar; 22 June 2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mulenmar View Post

I think I trust the libreboot developers and Raptor Computing Systems (of the failed POWER8 machine crowdfunding campaign) over some random, uncited Wikipedia article. I'll do some further looking, though, and be quite annoyed if it turns out to be true...assuming those Kabini APUs aren't throttled like the FX-8800p was everywhere.

EDIT: Well, shit. It's still present, but not enabled. Wish I'd known that before I bought that laptop with the throttled-to-15W FX-8800p.
      Ah that is wrong info there on libreboot site

... The Platform Security Processor (PSP) is built in on all Family 16h + systems (basically anything post-2013), and controls the main x86 core startup...
      Nope it is not on all 16h+, as i said 16h Jaguar does not have PSP, but 16h Puma+ have it. They should say something like - anything post 2014.+ ultramobile and anything 2015.+ mobile, that would be more correct

It started with Puma cat and Carrizo on mobile if you want, not before chips... that FX-8800 is 15h Carrizo mobile.

I'll do some further looking, though, and be quite annoyed if it turns out to be true...assuming those Kabini APUs aren't throttled like the FX-8800p was everywhere.
      Nope Kabini is cat 16h, while that one FX-8800p is 15h Carrizo say like Bulldozer branch and all of his issues While cats are entire separate design, does noz have that BD legacy, these don't share modules like 15h but have real cores altough more low power ones.

When AMD launched Carrizo and Carrizo-L i of course laughed hard Because these two have very similar name but have nothing to do with each other than share same socket. But that Carrizo-L is actually Beema+ 16h cat design, while Carrizo full is excavator 15h or bulldozer++++ if you want

Beema and Carrizo-L are just so called improvments over Kabini. When you further optimize power leakage and put PSP on it that became Beema, now when you also change socket of it you get Carrizo-L... so It is Jaguar++ if you want or second gen but more and more improved cat First gen was Bobcat and improvments, etc...
      Last edited by dungeon; 22 June 2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I believe this needs to be retested with GCC 7. GCC 6 is not optimized for Zen according to Gentoo wiki: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Ryzen#GCC_6.3.2B

Comment

Working...
        X