X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perf increase from 60% to 350%, that's quite sick oO

Comment

Originally posted by edddeduck_feral View Post
      If you go a few posts higher up we explained the reason for the differences.
      Great work.

Obviously the performance payoff has been huge. How difficult has it been and can you see Feral starting to target Vulkan first (rather than openGL) at some point in the future for Linux ports?

Comment

I was skeptical about purchasing this game as my machines have poor specs (one Haswell Iris Pro 5200, the other is NVIDIA GT740M).

Now, I'm saying to Feral: shut up and take my money.

I hope it does work on one of my machines, but even if not, it's worth supporting.

Comment

Originally posted by edddeduck_feral View Post

Please make sure you provide feedback to the email in our release notes, part of the public beta process is so we can fix bugs (or log driver bugs) so we can find edge cases and issues with the Vulkan implementation. Thanks!
          Done that.

Comment

Tested also on my CPU bound system (i7 860) and the difference is about 10 fps on the min @4k, that is almost all the time at 60fps at normal settings @4k with vulkan versus 45-60fps with opengl. This is a big difference!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
              I'm pretty sure everyone that was going to play the game already has
              no, i have it in my wishlist

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
                Currently playing Mad Max on Windows but now wanting to try it on Linux. Great job Feral!
                probably your money went to windows developer, not to feral, if you didn't by it from feral site. next time do not play on windows or buy from feral site
                Last edited by pal666; 30 March 2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
                  Nice, very nice. Especially the fact that the open-source drivers will be supported. I'm surprised though, this is a Dx11 game on Windows, not a Dx12 one.
                  It appears that Mad Max was utilising multi-threading quite well even in DX11, so OpenGL was really bottle necking the game. I hope this is a start of many DX11 and DX12 titles being brought to Linux with comparably great performance.

Feral should be commended for their work, they've impressed me with already by bringing very playable ports to OpenGL, bug fixes to mesa and getting involved in the community. These Vulkan results are just staggering though and I hope they're rewarded by some more big game contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
                    I really hope that AMD will now decide to open source their Vulkan implementation.
                    they already decided it. now they need to assign manhours to this task. should they take those manhours from vega?

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
                      A10-7850K + R9-390 results:
                      in what resolution?

Comment

Working...
                      X