Intel ANV Driver Gets Patches For VK_KHX_external_memory Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel ANV Driver Gets Patches For VK_KHX_external_memory Extensions

Phoronix: Intel ANV Driver Gets Patches For VK_KHX_external_memory Extensions

Now that Vulkan's external memory patches are now public with today's Vulkan 1.0.42 big update, the Intel ANV open-source Vulkan driver is getting ready to roll out their support for their new extensions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

About multidevice rendering... is it at least in theory a chance that intel GPU would help and discrete GPU (e.g. Intel Iris + RX460).
    I saw some benchmarks for DX12 multidevice (Ashes of the Singularity?) only helps if pairing 2 very similar GPUs, so I don't expect Vulkan to be able overcome such limitation?

Comment

Originally posted by gsedej View Post
      About multidevice rendering... is it at least in theory a chance that intel GPU would help and discrete GPU (e.g. Intel Iris + RX460).
      I saw some benchmarks for DX12 multidevice (Ashes of the Singularity?) only helps if pairing 2 very similar GPUs, so I don't expect Vulkan to be able overcome such limitation?
      THat's because the system isn't mature yet so load balancing is still limited. Point is that Intel graphics still suck a long way even if compared to RX460, so they won't really help that much, it migh even hurt performance as all the overhead of this splitting and balancing isn't offset by having 2 actual >GPUs to do the work

Comment

Working...
      X