Two Weeks Until Likely Updates To OpenGL, Vulkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    You misunderstand, There are many laptops with multiple GPU's from different vendors. That's the point.
    I don't think so, he, he, that is the last point i think of - you will fry those laptops

My first impression is VR with 2 GPUs running similtanously with one 1 GPU per eye, people wants to do that cos of low latency

You have AMD Pro Duo card for this, but is very expensive of course:

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/gr...radeon-pro-duo

Well, you can use two RX 480s in CF as a starting point of course too
    Last edited by dungeon; 13 July 2016, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      I hope game developers does not use that as primary feature . By making some game only playable or even can't start without multi GPUs, let alone from different vendors
      And the problem with that would be?

I even think that real next consoles will have more GPUs, default 2 upgradeable up to 4
      Writing "consoles" and "upgradeable" in the same sentence is blasphemy.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        And the problem with that would be?
        Harder to calculate hardware requirements, more laptops fried, people complaing because it require multi GPU, because no one optimize anything anymore for one so everybody expect two and iGPU-only users crying around let say, etc...

Writing "consoles" and "upgradeable" in the same sentence is blasphemy.
        He, he, i know that is why i wrote it like that But one never knows what future brings maybe i should say expandible GPUs

Comment

I don't think so, he, he, that is the last point i think of - you will fry those laptops

My first impression is VR with 2 GPUs running similtanously with one 1 GPU per eye, people wants to do that cos of low latency

You have AMD Pro Duo card for this, but is very expensive of course:

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/gr...radeon-pro-duo

Well, you can use two RX 480s in CF as a starting point of course too
          You definitely misunderstand. Crossfire is something very different. DX12 and Vulkan are more compute-like and can spread processing across multiple GPU's. Crossfire sends every other frame to every other GPU. Which obviously is very different from what you are talking about.

Comment

Ah OK , maybe i should say EM but that might be DX terminology and i dunno about Vulkan... but in essence i think of two GPUs for EM cheaper you can get for VR then that $1500 Duo

Comment

Ah OK , maybe i should say EM but that might be DX terminology and i dunno about Vulkan... but in essence i think of two GPUs for EM cheaper you can get for VR then that $1500 Duo
              You obviously are still misunderstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                You obviously are still misunderstanding.
                On what point? It is so called Explicit Multiadapter tech which can use any GPU via those new APIs or what?

Comment

Harder to calculate hardware requirements,
                  Huh? because now it's easy, and it's not crucial to look at reviews already.

more laptops fried,
                  not possible because throttling and factory-downclocks. Most "gaming" laptops are so crippled in GPU frequencies that they are jokes.

people complaing because it require multi GPU, because no one optimize anything anymore for one so everybody expect two
                  It is actually harder to design the game to run on more than 1 GPU than it is to design it to run on a single GPU, so this is bs.

and iGPU-only users crying around let say, etc...
                  iGPU users need to man the fuck up and get a dedicated card if they want to game.

maybe i should say expandible GPUs
                  Same thing. Still blasphemy. It's an embedded mass-produced product meant for complete idiots, anything that isn't attaching a HDD through USB is too complex for its audience.
                  This isn't going to change in the future.

Comment

not possible because throttling and factory-downclocks. Most "gaming" laptops are so crippled in GPU frequencies that they are jokes.
                    So what you think is enough for gaming then? 8 Titan EM GPUs for Doom 5 please i guess

It is actually harder to design the game to run on more than 1 GPU than it is to design it to run on a single GPU, so this is bs.
                    Well, it is harder to program on Vulkan anyway but that is what is, it is more game dev job now... they wanted it, they get it.

iGPU users need to man the fuck up and get a dedicated card if they want to game.
                    As always, iGPUs just stop the progress... Maybe Intel/AMD/nVidia should stop advertising that you can play something on those devices

Same thing. Still blasphemy. It's an embedded mass-produced product meant for complete idiots
                    Great, i am the one - and i think i would now play Uncharted 4 again
                    Last edited by dungeon; 13 July 2016, 05:48 PM.

Comment

So what you think is enough for gaming then?
                      Whatever runs the latest games, as it has always been, and always will be.
                      Consider that game designers have to sell the game, so making a game that requires 8 titans minimum is not going to make a profit.

Well, it is harder to program on Vulkan anyway but that is what is,
                      Still MUCH easier to make a game for a single GPU than to make one for multiple ones.

As always, iGPUs just stop the progress... Maybe Intel/AMD/nVidia should stop advertising that you can play something on those devices
                      They are good for casul gaming, crap MOBA/MMORPG, WoW, LoL, that kinds of games with shitty graphics and even shittier community.
                      As not all games need high-end GPUs anyway.

Great, i am the one - and i think i would now play Uncharted 4 again
                      You said so, dude. Using stuff made for fools does not automatically turn you in a fool.
                      Last edited by starshipeleven; 13 July 2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X