Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi V3DV Vulkan Driver Implements Extended Dynamic State - Important For DXVK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
    no need to, the rpi5 cpu is perfectly adequate for older titles. For instance this is Farcry being emulated (Winlator is a proot environment running wine and box86 iirc) at 20-60fps on the original asus ROG phone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRzHFCFveoE

The phone is still pretty decent don't get me wrong, but farcry was still a harder to run title in the first place
    Which is why there's still a path for improvement. The goal should be running "as good as" it runs in x86-64 arch and I believe it'll be there soon enough judging by how fast they're improving it.

If they manage to improve performance in current hardware then even better.

Comment

Originally posted by furtadopires View Post
      Which is why there's still a path for improvement. The goal should be running "as good as" it runs in x86-64 arch and I believe it'll be there soon enough judging by how fast they're improving it.

If they manage to improve performance in current hardware then even better.
      oh yeah improvement for sure. But devices today are already capable of emulating a lot of x86 games and getting a playable experience

Comment

Working...
      X