Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft's "Dozen" Prepares For Vulkan 1.1 Support

Phoronix: Microsoft's "Dozen" Prepares For Vulkan 1.1 Support

Merged earlier this year into Mesa was "Dozen" for Vulkan on Direct3D 12 for use with Microsoft's Windows Subsystem for Linux or in Windows cases where there may be a D3D12 driver installed but no Vulkan support. This is akin to the layering work Microsoft already supports for leveraging Mesa to provide OpenCL and OpenGL atop Direct3D 12. That "Dozen" driver is now readying Vulkan 1.1 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Again though this is just about Vulkan on top of Direct3D 12 for Windows use-cases and isn't of direct relevance to Linux users nor the efforts like VKD3D-Proton that pursue the opposite for Direct3D 12 implemented on top of Vulkan.
      VKDX

I wonder if they thought enough ahead so that D3D13 will have the BDZN driver: The Baker's Dozen.

Comment

I still haven't been able to build this or their gallium driver inside a linux environment for WSL, has anyone else had any success?

Comment

Originally posted by binarybanana View Post
          Oh, grow up.

Comment

maybe one day this will be useful on hyper-v with a mainline kernel... I have doubts it will be soon

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Oh, grow up.
              When Microsoft releases DirectX as FOSS I might change my mind. But Microsoft is still the same, old, disgusting company as it has always been. They haven't changed their ways at all. Maybe even become worse in some respects. At least they still play the same EEE game as always. See also: https://isdotnetopen.com/
              Over time, the .NET platform is becoming closed, to ensure it is only useful if you are a customer. ā€” Miguel de Icaza (@migueldeicaza) June 15, 2022
              Funny enough, they also bought Mono, a FOSS implementation of .NET. Certainly there is no conflict of interest here.

Comment

Iā€™m hoping Dozen will run in UWP at some point for Vulkan on the Xbox platform šŸ¤žšŸ»

Comment

Working...
                X