Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theriddick
    replied
    I wonder if Mantle even runs these games better over default DX11 to Vulkan solution?

Leave a comment:

• loganj
    replied
    Originally posted by microcode View Post

Some of these games are never going to get an update to the renderer, and only ever performed correctly on Mantle. It's not useless if you were really into those games.
    probably using dxvk is enough already

Leave a comment:

• dEnigma
    replied
    Originally posted by Termy View Post
    How the Hell does one arrive at GRVK for a mantle to vulkan effort?
    To quote the developer:
    "I originally thought about naming the project `MantleVK` or `MtlVK` but I thought people would confuse it with a Metal wrapper. `CrustVK` was considered, but it would look like a Rust project. I landed on GRVK because all Mantle API functions are prefixed with `gr`. I didn't know at the time that it was also the case for the Glide API."

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied
    Originally posted by LinAGKar View Post
    I doubt that, since that would mean they would have alienated Nvidia and Intel users, which is the majority of the market.
    No, it was each of these developers' reason for writing a Mantle renderer: at the time there was nothing else that could give them similar performance on any GPU vendor, and probably AMD gave them lots of help. The distinct advantage of Mantle at the time was a massive marketing win, and the results were real.

Leave a comment:

• puleglot
    replied
    Originally posted by Termy View Post
    How the Hell does one arrive at GRVK for a mantle to vulkan effort?
    Look at the documentation. GR/gr prefix is used extensively in the Mantle API.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Ab...Gj5aGHRyq/view

Leave a comment:

• LinAGKar
    replied
    Originally posted by microcode View Post

Some of these games are never going to get an update to the renderer, and only ever performed correctly on Mantle. It's not useless if you were really into those games.
    I doubt that, since that would mean they would have alienated Nvidia and Intel users, which is the majority of the market.

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied
    Originally posted by loganj View Post
    such a useless effort

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    This is cool. If it helps zink all the better.

Leave a comment:

• rmfx
    replied
    They really have nothing else to do with their money and time than bloating Vulkan specs for no reason?
    We owe a lot to Mantle but it’s dead, nobody uses it, nobody needs it, and that why Vulkan’s here.
    ​​​​​​​
    Move on and leave the dust in the bin…

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by Inopia View Post
    One api to rule them all...
    One API to find them...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X