Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi V3DV Is Officially Vulkan Conformant, Lavapipe Also Nearing 1.0 Conformance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is huge. I wasn't expecting them to reach 1.0 CTS so quickly. Really awesome.

1.2 is probably close then too. Maybe a month or two.

Comment

Originally posted by miskol View Post

you can use
      sudo BRANCH=next rpi-update
      if you are in raspberry pi OS
      or raspberry pi OS 64bit
      Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be enough.
      I'm using
      dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d, cma-256
      and
      gpu_mem=256
      with the last kernel 5.10.0-rc5-v7l+, but it just won't yield
      Maybe I'll try Manjaro 64 bit to see if with all the rest of the system updated something works better...

Comment

The Raspberry Pi 4 can run the Godot editor, but it's not exactly a pleasant experience from what I heard. I would only use it for 2D game development on a low-power device.
        I managed to get stereo 600x600 RGB FBO + mesh warped (lens distortion) blit to 1024x600 @ 60Hz on a Pi2B for homebrew VR goggles. Scene was a simple textured photogrammetry scanned scene with one compressed texture sampled. That's pretty good perf IMO for such a wee device. This barebones VR engine was written from scatch and (somewhat) optimized for the PI specifically though. Godot may possibly have some engine design related overhead, but the raw hardware performance is there if you know how to hit the sweet spots on the PI platform (i.e. pull all the gfx optimization tricks in the books).

Comment

Working...
        X