• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GunpowaderGuy View Post
    starshipeleven i was clearly being sarcastic
    not clear enough

Comment

From what I've read, Vulkan is easier than OpenGL to implement, make performant, and ensure correctness because it is such a thin abstraction and has a small API surface. The API may be harder, but even with OpenGL, people were using frameworks, so why not continue using frameworks and benefit from optimizations that a low level API offers.
      GunpowaderGuy 404: Sarcasm not found...
      Last edited by chinoto; 28 February 2019, 12:45 AM. Reason: The double "the" strikes again...

Comment

Originally posted by chinoto View Post
        From what I've read, Vulkan is easier than OpenGL to implement, make performant, and ensure correctness because it is such a thin abstraction and has a small API surface. The API may be harder, but even with OpenGL, people were using frameworks, so why not continue using frameworks and benefit from optimizations that a low level API offers.
        GunpowaderGuy 404: Sarcasm not found...
        Plus, you can implement OpenGL-over-Vulkan once and share it between all the Vulkan drivers. (In theory, without having to change a single line of code though, in practice, I anticipate workarounds for driver bugs would probably wind up getting written.)

Comment

Working...
        X