Wine Vulkan Preps For v1.1 Support With Licensing Issues Resolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdack View Post
    If you cannot work on your code then that's your fault ands nobody else's.
    If you don't provide what I need to reproduce and debug an issue, I can't fix your issue, and that's your fault and nobody else's.

Originally posted by sdack
    Feel free to explain to me how it's not stupid.
    Thunderbird explained that already on the last page. Learn to read.

And while you're at it, say if you had to wait for the license dispute to settle before you could hope to use Vulkan 1.1, or if you could have used 1.1 or parts of it if you had directly implemented it as a WINE component.
    Implementing it as a Wine component alone does not imply that it wouldn't rely on Wine's Vulkan code. If you were to use the Linux Vulkan loader directly, you'd still have to wire up the WSI stuff to somehow work with it (because, believe it or not, Linux drivers don't implement Win32 WSI extensions), while at the same time maintaining Windows compatibility because that's actually useful for debugging purpose (yes, people are actually doing that).

To point to WINE as a defense when somebody points out a flaw in your code design just shows how petty you are.
    Except that high wineserver overhead is actually a known issue and it doesn't even matter which D3D backend you're using. But yeah, let's complain about something that *maybe* reduces your framerate by 0.1 FPS and is an absolute non-issue in practice, because that totally makes sense.

If you were complaining about a flaw in my code design, fine, but you're complaining about a non-issue.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
      If you don't provide what I need to reproduce and debug an issue, I can't fix your issue, and that's your fault and nobody else's.
      *lol* No. Your code, your responsibility and any bugs in it are all yours, too. Nor are your bugs my issue, but they are everyone's issue who use DXVK. But go ahead, make your bugs the fault of all those who take the time to report the issues to you. I certainly cannot help you since you've banned me from your issues section.

Seeing how you're trying to dodge the license problem can we agree that wine-vulkan getting stuck on Vulkan 1.0 would have been an problem. So pretend all you want how it's a non-issue, but we both know you only got lucky that the license was updated as quickly as it did. I can only imagine how glad you must have been that it didn't end in some legal license nonsense. I know I was glad to see it change this fast and to work out so well. I then don't care for excuses. You don't owe me anything.
      Last edited by sdack; 05 June 2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

*lol* No. Your code, your responsibility and any bugs in it are all yours, too. Nor are your bugs my issue, but they are everyone's issue who use DXVK.
        And this is why it should be in your interest as well to help me get these bugs fixed as soon as possible. Instead you're lecturing me how I'm supposed to buy, install and set up every single game in existence and guess what your issues might be, instead of asking people to spend half an hour on trying to record an apitrace that I can work with directly.

There's a reason why this issue got fixed and yours didn't.

I certainly cannot help you since you've banned me from your issues section.
        Reading your above comment, you weren't going to do that anyway.

But go ahead, make your bugs the fault of all those who take the time to report the issues to you.
        Of course, asking for help is "blaming my bugs on the user".

Seeing how you're trying to dodge the license problem can we agree that wine-vulkan getting stuck on Vulkan 1.0 would have been an problem.
        I'm not trying to dodge it, I'm saying that just building it as a wine module doesn't solve the issue all by itself (in fact you can build it with winegcc with some modifications, and it has been done), working around that would have required putting even more effort in by using native Vulkan libraries directly. But the same thing could have been done with the current code base, it's just that it would have been a major hassle either way.

Yes, having to wait even longer would have been a problem, it has been a big enough problem already and that's exactly why I'm glad it has been finally resolved, as stated in my first comment on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
          Reading your above comment, you weren't going to do that anyway.
          You mean regarding EVE Online? No, but I've told you already in the issue thread.

The launcher passes a crypto key to the game client and so cannot be started manually to run an apitrace. It's also an MMO and the gamemaker has watch dogs in the client that trigger a flag with the account. So I first had to send them an email to give them a heads up and then tried it with the dlls by varis1. To go further would I now have to write a wrapper and catch the crypto key. Otherwise would you already have a trace. I just don't want to force it at this point. I'll just wait for a newer driver and see if others have more luck. It is a none pressing issue and neither you or DXVK are important. Like I said, having it directly in WINE would be nice. DXVK is only a curiosity and frankly don't I see you as the man who will take it any further than where it is now.
          Last edited by sdack; 05 June 2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X