No announcement yet.

Vulkan Virgl Has Kicked Off For Supporting This Graphics/Compute API Within VMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan Virgl Has Kicked Off For Supporting This Graphics/Compute API Within VMs

Phoronix: Vulkan Virgl Has Kicked Off For Supporting This Graphics/Compute API Within VMs

Of the hundreds of projects for this year's Google Summer of Code, there are many interesting GSoC 2018 projects but one of those that I am most excited for is Vulkan-Virgl for getting this modern API supported with hardware acceleration by guest virtual machines...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It should be called virvolk (or may be werewolf?) or something of the sort Virgl doesn't fit already.

Comment

I assume it will be virvk... but virvolk sounds great :-) Anyway it's great to see this project gets started! I hope that some compositors like kwin will get Vulkan support soon as well!

Comment

I can see DXVK, Vk12 and Vk9 in Windows VMs to get DirectX support through this in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post
          I can see DXVK, Vk12 and Vk9 in Windows VMs to get DirectX support through this in the future.
          That's my dream, qemu using DXVK and Wine code for it

Comment

Working...
          X