Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK Vulkan Driver Updated With Better Vega Support, VR Fixes

Phoronix: AMDVLK Vulkan Driver Updated With Better Vega Support, VR Fixes

The AMD developers working on their official, cross-platform "AMDVLK" Vulkan driver code have just pushed out another batch of changes to their open-source code repository...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good. I'll test whether DXVK runs on it now on Vega.

Comment

Very interesting, as usual, for nvidia users.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
        Very interesting, as usual, for nvidia users.
        You know what's Spanish for "envy"?

eNVIDIA

Comment

One would think it was ready when the card was released, like ages ago. No, they are just adding tessellation. Early access hardware...

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            One would think it was ready when the card was released, like ages ago. No, they are just adding tessellation. Early access hardware...
            Yeah. It's not even a Linux-only isue. Their Vega Vulkan support is just as broken on Windows.

But well, at least it means there's feature parity
            Last edited by ssorgatem; 27 February 2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Where is the Vulkan Vega driver broken on Windows? I'm hearing this for the first time. I only know reports of games working on it, not the opposite.

Anyhow, Vega scaling compared to Polaris on Linux has always been poor, and I guess it will stay that way until a new GPU generation is released.
              But isn't it a beta GPU in general?

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                Where is the Vulkan Vega driver broken on Windows? I'm hearing this for the first time. I only know reports of games working on it, not the opposite.

Anyhow, Vega scaling compared to Polaris on Linux has always been poor, and I guess it will stay that way until a new GPU generation is released.
                But isn't it a beta GPU in general?
                Most things work, just on AMDVLK on Linux.

But then, you may run itno weird bugs. That's why they say Vega GPU aren't yet fully supported by AMDVLK.

The one I can reproduce on both AMDVLK and on Windows is missing models in ESO when running on DXVK. It works fine on RADV and even on NVIDIA (with manually compiled shaders, but that's a different issue).

Comment

Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post
                  Good. I'll test whether DXVK runs on it now on Vega.
                  Tested. It now works!

And maybe even with slightly better performance than RADV from mesa-git.

Comment

They should concentrate more on hardware that you can actually buy, e.g. RX580. Vega is vaporware for the vast majority.

Comment

Working...
                    X