Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 17.2.8 Released With Just Over One Dozen Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 17.2.8 Released With Just Over One Dozen Fixes

For those still riding the older Mesa 17.2 series rather than the current Mesa 17.3 series that saw its v17.3.1 update this week, v17.2.8 is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

so many improvments and all... cannot play a simple game without problems...

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
      What Did He Mean By This?

Comment

Most of the problems I have recently are related to the kernel driver. Any kernel so far past 4.13 makes dying light and deus ex crash the system. kernel 4.13 that works with those games causes war thunder to stutter really bad despite decent framerate.

Comment

Originally posted by monte84 View Post

Most of the problems I have recently are related to the kernel driver. Any kernel so far past 4.13 makes dying light and deus ex crash the system. kernel 4.13 that works with those games causes war thunder to stutter really bad despite decent framerate.
          I install Linux for my friends and family members for better stability, maintenance and security... But most of them also like to game, and of course I'm installing games for them and then the hell begins, this game segfaults, that one cannot load textures, the other one crashes on certain levels, this one needs some specific treatment... and list goes on. And when mesa is updates you don't know what to expect new crashes or improvements... usually you get both.

Comment

I install Linux for my friends and family members for better stability, maintenance and security... But most of them also like to game, and of course I'm installing games for them and then the hell begins, this game segfaults, that one cannot load textures, the other one crashes on certain levels, this one needs some specific treatment... and list goes on. And when mesa is updates you don't know what to expect new crashes or improvements... usually you get both.

It is a total mess, just when I think it gets better, I will buy a new game oh that doesn't work. I hate nvidia, but I am feeling it is the only option to not have game struggles on linux atm.

Comment

That must be some very specific games. I have 233 SteamOS+Linux games on Steam and of those only two created problems (AR-K: The Great Escape hangs after a few seconds and Observer had this black screen once entering a door before a fix was done in Mesa).

AMD RX480, Mesa 17.3.1 - padoka PPA. I had similar problems with Mesa updates as you when I used the unstable repo but once I changed to the stable then every update so far have been without problems.

Comment

Working...
              X