RadeonSI Gallium3D Receives Some OpenGL 4.5 Conformance Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Many test cases are already written, games.
    Speaking as a developer, I would consider a game to be the worst kind of test. For example, when I once tried to demonstrate rendering errors in World of Warcraft to Mesa developers, but none of them had a WoW subscription. The only problems they were able to reproduce and fix easily were those ones visible on the "login" screen. However, that particular login screen for WoW no longer even exists because it changes after each game expansion pack.

I would consider the best tests to be under the developers' control, and testing well defined areas of Mesa.

Comment

Wow is a light java game, not a good test case.
      In my case, WoW means "World of Warcraft". Nothing to do with Java.

Comment

You say that this 50 usd game will work without the launcher and login. What a pirates dream.
        I mention what fail to work on Feral ports with AMD blob drivers, not just with this game but take that as you wish

But if you think that WoW is java game and that also as sw developer, then really

Comment

You and many other in the internet are Cyberbullying
          Crikey, here we have a wild crybully. They troll internet forums all day long and then cry and moan hoping to win by bleeding heart sympathy when someone stands up to them or trolls them back. Looks like this one's a fanatic too, those are the worst, a fanatic crybully doesn't just troll for the lulz, he is so full of himself that he tears into anything that's not his own preferences, while claiming his own are perfect and then does the same crying and moaning when someone says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce
            Speaking as a sw developer,
            LOL!

Many test cases are already written, games.
            I guess you're not a very good "sw developer" since you clearly have no idea what a test case is.

Wow is a light java game, not a good test case
            I can't tell if you're actually serious or if you're some kind of weird experiment on Internet trolling of the worst kind.

​​​​​​​
            I did buy rx460, found a bug and in two weeks they fixed the whole mesa driver stack.
            So how come you're always pasting out-of-context links to everything, but are unable to post a link to this bug report and bug fix on your part? That's weird.

​​​​​​​
            ​​​​​​​Cyberbullying
            With such misinformed posts (to say the least) on a tech forum, and a bad attitude when others correct you, what did you expect? A pat in the head?

​​​​​​​
            No combrendo
            In fact, you seem to "no comprender nada" at all.

Comment

WOW 5 pages and hardly any about the CTS fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
                Speaking as a developer, I would consider a game to be the worst kind of test. For example, when I once tried to demonstrate rendering errors in World of Warcraft to Mesa developers, but none of them had a WoW subscription. The only problems they were able to reproduce and fix easily were those ones visible on the "login" screen. However, that particular login screen for WoW no longer even exists because it changes after each game expansion pack.
                World of Warcraft®
                Starter Edition
                Become a defender of Azeroth and play FREE up to level 20!

Comment

Originally posted by Herem View Post
                  World of Warcraft®
                  Starter Edition
                  Become a defender of Azeroth and play FREE up to level 20!
                  Yes, very nice. However, even if the "Starter Edition" existed at the time of my anecdote, it doesn't change the fact that the WoW client is a terrible test case because its code is constantly changing in ways that the Mesa developers have no control over. This makes it useless for testing Mesa for regressions.

For example, I was having rendering problems with my Radeon R200 and rv350. But the latest WoW client requires a HD5670 at the very least.

Comment

New code can be unstable too, a good reason to use llvm 3.9 like Oibaf does.
                    then it is good reason to use mesa 11

Comment

Sure Oibaf knows best what is good for his repository users.
                      lol i see new sect forming

Comment

Working...
                      X