Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows binaries for Mesa 12 LLVMPipe and OpenSWR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, can you add to your package dxtn.dll too for S3TC support? Here's the source (I don't know how to compile with MSVC, but if you can please add it ! )

libtxc_dxtn-1.0.1.tar.bz2

Comment

Originally posted by lowenz View Post
      Man, can you add to your package dxtn.dll too for S3TC support? Here's the source (I don't know how to compile with MSVC, but if you can please add it ! )

libtxc_dxtn-1.0.1.tar.bz2
      lowenz, on 06 Mar 2017 - 5:07 PM, on TheDarkMod forums said:
      Found a S3TC standard implementation in CygWin archive.
      In theory mesa opengl32.dll + dxtn.dll = complete S3TC support in OpenGL 2.1.
      Unfortunately Mesa codebase makes clear distinction between Cygwin and Win32. Additionally libtxc_dxtn source code does not include a sconscript so Visual Studio is not an option. The only option left is Msys2 cross-compilation and with this, things go bad,
      Compilation fails.

$ make CC txc_compress_dxtn.lo txc_compress_dxtn.c: In function 'storedxtencodedblock': txc_compress_dxtn.c:287:16: error: 'GL_COMPRESSED_RGB_S3TC_DXT1_EXT' undeclared (first use in this function) if (type == GL_COMPRESSED_RGB_S3TC_DXT1_EXT || type == GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT1_EXT) { ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ txc_compress_dxtn.c:287:16: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in txc_compress_dxtn.c:287:59: error: 'GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT1_EXT' undeclared (first use in this function) if (type == GL_COMPRESSED_RGB_S3TC_DXT1_EXT || type == GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT1_EXT) { ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ txc_compress_dxtn.c: In function 'encodedxtcolorblockfaster': txc_compress_dxtn.c:376:23: error: 'GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT1_EXT' undeclared (first use in this function) if ((type != GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT1_EXT) || (srccolors[j][i][3] > ALPHACUT)) { ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ txc_compress_dxtn.c: In function 'tx_compress_dxtn': txc_compress_dxtn.c:769:9: error: 'GL_COMPRESSED_RGB_S3TC_DXT1_EXT' undeclared (first use in this function) case GL_COMPRESSED_RGB_S3TC_DXT1_EXT: ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ txc_compress_dxtn.c:770:9: error: 'GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT1_EXT' undeclared (first use in this function) case GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT1_EXT: ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ txc_compress_dxtn.c:790:9: error: 'GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT3_EXT' undeclared (first use in this function) case GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT3_EXT: ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ txc_compress_dxtn.c:817:9: error: 'GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT5_EXT' undeclared (first use in this function) case GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT5_EXT: ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ make: *** [Makefile:328: txc_compress_dxtn.lo] Error 1 prodea2@DESKTOP-H4RKMNR MINGW64 /home/s3tc $

Comment

You can use Mesa include folder to solve the compilation problem.

Comment

Originally posted by lowenz View Post
          OK, working! Setting the variable per exe using a bat is enough

softpipe -> terrible performance in games
          swr -> bad performance in games
          llvmpipe -> good performance in games

As expected! (I'm using Yamagi Q2 as benchmark)
          So, I return to the first question: How about LLVM 4.0 (I built it successfully targeting X86 arch)? I got some errors using it with MSVC 2015 CE and Mesa!

" Compiling src\compiler\glsl\ast_array_index.cpp ...
          ast_array_index.cpp
          c:\projects\mesa-master\include\c11\threads_win32.h(151): error C2027: use of undefined type 'xtime'
          C:\Projects\mesa-master\include\c11/threads.h(48): note: see declaration of 'xtime'
          c:\projects\mesa-master\include\c11\threads_win32.h(151): error C2227: left of '->sec' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
          c:\projects\mesa-master\include\c11\threads_win32.h(151): error C2227: left of '->nsec' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
          c:\projects\mesa-master\include\c11\threads_win32.h(446): error C2027: use of undefined type 'xtime'
          C:\Projects\mesa-master\include\c11/threads.h(48): note: see declaration of 'xtime'
          c:\projects\mesa-master\include\c11\threads_win32.h(446): error C2227: left of '->sec' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
          c:\projects\mesa-master\include\c11\threads_win32.h(637): error C2027: use of undefined type 'xtime'
          c:\projects\mesa-master\include\c11\threads_win32.h(637): error C2227: left of '->sec' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
          c:\projects\mesa-master\include\c11\threads_win32.h(638): error C2027: use of undefined type 'xtime'
          c:\projects\mesa-master\include\c11\threads_win32.h(638): error C2227: left of '->nsec' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
          scons: *** [build\windows-x86\gallium\auxiliary\gallivm\lp_bld_misc.obj] Error 2
          scons: building terminated because of errors."

No errors with LLVM 3.9.1
          Fixed in Mesa 17.1.

Comment

Working...
          X