Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quikee View Post
    Cool!

I can't find the binaries (I'm not really keen on to build from source) - does anyone know if they are available or where they are provided?
    The binaries have been added to the Releases section. See https://github.com/GPUOpen-Tools/CodeXL/releases

Comment

It would be great if you could run it on open-source drivers. Currently Windows is the only platform where CodeXL works for me, but it's no fun due to bugs in the proprietary driver's OpenGL implementation. I see no point in reporting these bugs however, since my HD 5000 gpu no longer gets any driver updates. Will have to wait for Polaris then.

Comment

Is this something that works with any GPU or do I need some specific GPU and drivers if I want to use it? I was just wondering if this would help me to see what is slowing down r600 on some games that I play.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post
          Is this something that works with any GPU or do I need some specific GPU and drivers if I want to use it? I was just wondering if this would help me to see what is slowing down r600 on some games that I play.
          Unknown. Rob Clark had been doing some work back in January to add support for the GRemedy string marker extension to the gallium mesa state tracker and then implemented freedreno support for it. The freedreno code itself was only 29 lines of driver code to implement[1], so maybe this could be added to other gallium drivers fairly easily.

I have a vague recollection that either Marek or Nicolai were also doing some work that might have been prep-work for releasing CodeXL that could be compatible with at least the radeonsi mesa driver... but I could be imagining that part.

[1] https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...ry/105428.html

Comment

Working...
          X