Mesa 11.2 Features For When It's Released Very Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I simply was taking a screenshot of my own desktop of glxgears to try to make the article a bit more interesting... My wife happened to be the background.
    Unless you are running a pretty minimal desktop — one with no visible launcher/menu/etc., you also cropped the screenshot but still left the background image in the frame. So perhaps you could have cropped it a bit more to include only the glxgears window? Or perhaps told the screenshot app to only shoot the window itself, no cropping required.

There's nothing explicitly wrong with posting an image of one's partner to the Internet, but it is entirely inappropriate for an article about a low level software library.

Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by mjog View Post

Unless you are running a pretty minimal desktop — one with no visible launcher/menu/etc., you also cropped the screenshot but still left the background image in the frame. So perhaps you could have cropped it a bit more to include only the glxgears window? Or perhaps told the screenshot app to only shoot the window itself, no cropping required.

There's nothing explicitly wrong with posting an image of one's partner to the Internet, but it is entirely inappropriate for an article about a low level software library.

Just sayin'
      Whats the big deal she is wearing a Phoronix Test Suite T-Shirt. If it was a pic of Michael in a Phoronix Test Suite T-Shirt would you still have an issue with it?

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post
        Whats the big deal she is wearing a Phoronix Test Suite T-Shirt. If it was a pic of Michael in a Phoronix Test Suite T-Shirt would you still have an issue with it?
        To repeat myself: Objectification is sexism, sexism is bullshit.

Comment

For the record I'm not arguing either way, just trying to see exactly what it is you have a problem with. I find all *ism arguments end up being taken to a point were the solution now becomes part of the problem as with all life's problems its a balancing act. http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...8794b0253b370b

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post

For the record I'm not arguing either way, just trying to see exactly what it is you have a problem with. I find all *ism arguments end up being taken to a point were the solution now becomes part of the problem as with all life's problems its a balancing act. http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...8794b0253b370b
            It's actually trivial when you think about it: If the article is about $FOO, make the image depict $FOO and not depict a woman, unless $FOO is related to women.

Comment

It's actually trivial when you think about it: If the article is about $FOO, make the image depict $FOO and not depict a woman, unless $FOO is related to women.
              Then we would miss out on all the beer pictures

Comment

It's funny because it appears she is celebrating the long awaited release of mesa 11.2. In the grand scheme of things the release of mesa 11.2 is not something that is usually celebrated.

Somehow you managed to turn this into a sexism thing.

Comment

OpenSWR was recently merged into mainline Mesa. When can we expect mesamatrix.net to display openswr as its own column, under the software driver grouping?

Comment

People who get offended by everything are bullshit. You should take your political correctness to a political site. This isn't one.

Comment

Can Phoronix please stop with the "Put a random image of a woman on a tech article" thing please?

Objectification is sexism, sexism is bullshit.
                      Originally posted by mjog

Just sayin'
                      You're beyond salvation either as a stupid-ass lesbian and a sorry excuse for a troll, just kill yourself. It's painless after that (promise).

Comment

Working...
                      X