No announcement yet.

Gallium Direct3D 9 Improvements Land For Mesa 11.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's shame that someone waste his/her time to land Direct 3D support to Gallium.

Comment

Originally posted by Klassic Six View Post
      It's shame that someone waste his/her time to land Direct 3D support to Gallium.
      It's a shame that wine doesn't mainline these patches.
      More seriously, have you seen the performance improvements led by Gallium nine? Moreover, the more APIs Gallium support, the better, since it helps making it api-agnostic. Moreover, this work only has to be done once to profit all the GPU supported by Gallium.

Comment

Why is that a shame? What would not be a shame for them to spend their time on?

Comment

Originally posted by sarnex View Post

You can just create a diff from ixit/wine against wine git and apply that patch on wine git to have nine for any wine version.
          Oh, I thought it might be a bad idea to do so with a non "compatible" version, but maybe it's independent enough to not worry about.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
            Why is that a shame? What would not be a shame for them to spend their time on?
            Wine is a pile of junk and Wine developers are bunch of baboons that sniff each other asses. If someone wants to run a Window$ base application, it's much better to install a copy of Window$.
            Last edited by Klassic Six; 22 August 2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I wonder how people at Feral or Aspyr feel about the potential of gallium3d nine in relation to their porting work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pahanilmanlintu View Post
                I wonder how people at Feral or Aspyr feel about the potential of gallium3d nine in relation to their porting work.
                I imagine they feel nothing since their ports are Native =p

I think you mean Virtual Programming.

Comment

Wine is a pile of junk and Wine developers is bunch of baboons that sniff each other ass. If someone want to run a Windo$ base application it's much better to install a copy of Windo$.
                  This entire sentence is so obnoxious.
                  1. Facts?
                  2. Stop saying "Windo$", you're twelve or what?
                  3. Just stop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post

I imagine they feel nothing since their ports are Native =p

I think you mean Virtual Programming.
                    Well Pahanilmanlintu's question is not that stupid actually. With an official support of DirectX 9, Feral and Aspyr would have less work to do to port a Windows game to Linux (porting the 3D engine from DX to GL isn't the easy part). So they might be interested by this project in the end.

Comment

If someone want to run a Windo$ base application it's much better to install a copy of Windo$.
                      I'm prone to send you my Bitcoin address by MP so that you send me 0.61 BTC in order to buy a Windows license. Maybe other people here will be interested too.

Comment

Working...
                      X